X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Moving to higher ground

Last night I added my new RB 1080 into my audio/video mix. I actually got the amp last week with my RSP 1098, but decided to wait a few days to add the 1080 so that I could evaluate the improvements that the 1098 alone brought to my system. Previously I had a RMB1075 powering five channels of my surround with a RB1050 powering my 2 center back channels. With the receipt of the 1098 and it's zone 2 capability, for which I needed another stereo amp, I decided to buy the much praised 1080 to drive my FL & FR and use the 1075 for the other 5 surround channels and use the 1050 to drive outdoor speakers on zone 2.

The 1080 has now been playing 2 channel music continuously since about 5 PM last night. I'm trying to get thru the "burn-in" period as soon as possible. My impressions to this point are mixed. Honestly, I don't hear much difference at all between my Klipsch RF7s driven by the 1075 vs the 1080, even at painfully high spl. Perhaps it is due to the extremely high efficiency of the Klipsch just not requiring that much power.

Whatever the case, it IS a real head trip knowing that my systems is now powered by a full killowatt of clean Rotel power.
    Jerry Rappaport
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Congratulations Jerry, it's nice to have and state that you own kilowatt power, isn't it :T ?

I seem to recall, initially when I purchased my RB-1080, that I wasn't really overly excited, but as time went on I began to notice the difference. Psychological audio, perhaps, but none the less, I am happy with the RB-1080. Give it a couple of weeks to really settle in, then perform the comparison 8) .

I also believe that the interconnects are another factor to consider.

Any thoughts Will :wink: ?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• ekkoville
      • Aug 2004

Jerry, what is the time frame on the burn-in. Several hours straight I would imagine?

Erik

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ekkoville
        Jerry, what is the time frame on the burn-in. Several hours straight I would imagine?

Erik
        Edit: The theory states approximately 48 hours, continously 8O .
        Last edited by Azeke; 12 October 2004, 11:05 Tuesday.

Comment

• Taito
          • Sep 2004

Hi, it took about 3 weeks of playing (not continuous) for my 1080 to really open up and start singing. Prior to that, bass was unimpressive and whole amp sounded 'wimpy' in comparison to my audition. After 8 months, I can't get enough of it - I'm wowed every time I wind up the volume (and almost every time I don't).
          -Ben

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"