X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaceBW
    • Jan 2003

Current Pricing for (1066, 1075, 1080)

Help me save some money...

In todays market what is concidered competive pricing on the 1066, 1075 AND 1080? If you can include sources on this it would be great because One of my HT shops told me to "see me last so I can beat their pricing"... We'll see what you can provide me and how low he will go to keep a sale.

Brian
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It seems $1200 USD for the 1066 is about what you can expect if your dealer is willing to move from list.

Comment

• Madd
      • Jan 2003

I paid $2,125 for the 1066 & 1075 combo. 10-15% is about the discount you will get. :LOL:

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• WallaceBW
        • Jan 2003

May I ask who the vendor was?

Comment

• skullmurdoc
          • Jan 2003

I bought a 1066/1075 combo for 2900 canadian. Wich mean about 1800 US. I think I got I good deal.

Don't you ?

Comment

• SayersWeb
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by WallaceBW
            Help me save some money...

In todays market what is concidered competive pricing on the 1066, 1075 AND 1080? If you can include sources on this it would be great because One of my HT shops told me to "see me last so I can beat their pricing"... We'll see what you can provide me and how low he will go to keep a sale.

Brian
            I could not find anywhere in the DC area who would do much of a discount on Rotel products. I also couldn't find any online authorized Rotel dealers.

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
            Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• WallaceBW
              • Jan 2003

I also have family in Jax, FL who could buy it and ship it to me (If tht discount warranted the effort)

Comment

• sndtowne
                • Jan 2003

Are Rotel dealers really willing to give 20% off? Rotel has the lowest dealer profit margin of all the electronic companies I have looked at. That makes it difficult to discount much.

Some things to consider instead of "just" price -

1. The reputation of the store, will they be there to take care of you should you have a problem?
                2. Demonstration facilities - most dealers have invested large amounts of money to be able to demonstrate products - and most companies do not give dealers any additional discount for demo products - Rotel does not.
                3. If you should have a problem, does the dealer offer loaners?
                4. Advice - dealers usually know a lot more about what is going on behind the scenes with audio/video companies than consumers.

For example: How many of you knew that Rotel and Anthem tied for FIRST PLACE in the recent 2003 Inside Track dealer evaluation survey of electronic companies? Arcam was third, Meridian fourth, McIntosh fifth, etc. How many of you knew Denon came in 22nd. out of 29 brands evaluated. That's good information to know.

5. Time - how many of you return many times to listen and evaluate gear? The dealer has to be compensated for the time he has spent with you. The more of his time you take up, the less discount you should expect.

The dealer needs to be able to make a fair profit to stay in business, offer demo facilities, and be happy to give good service should a problem arise.

The customer dealers HATE to see most is the person who takes up hours of the dealer's time asking for demos and advice, then comes in asking for a big discount (for some reason, those customers always seem to have problems with their gear, it's some kind of law) - or - the customer who uses the dealer's facilities then mailorders the product and begs for the dealer's help when a problem arises.

If a customer just walks into a dealer's store and says, "I don't want any demo, no advice, and if a problem should arise I will handle it myself. I just want your rock bottom price." That customer might warrant a 20% discount. I believe a 10% discount is more in keeping with the services most of us desire.

The "best deal" is not always the steepest discount.

Bruce
                Bruce

Comment

• sndtowne
                  • Jan 2003

>

Rotel does not authorize internet or mailorder dealers. Also, product purchased from non-authorized dealers does not receive their five year warranty.

Bruce
                  Bruce

Comment

• WallaceBW
                    • Jan 2003

Regarding qualities other than price...

My usual shop isn't a rotel dealer and thet person that I spoke to at the other shop (the one that said to call him last) was well informed... talked about the unit like he owned one... he was very familiar with it...

Comment

• craigdcan
                      • Dec 2002

I'm with Bruce. I don't get ANY discount from my dealer, but what I do get is incredible service, and a 100% tradeup program, as well as having all warranties extended to 5 years. They actually change the wording in the warranty from "limited warranty", to "real warranty". I have no problem at all spending a little extra for getting MUCH more. To add a bit more to the pot, they also insist on setting up anything you purchase from them, unless you really don't want them to. If anything goes wrong with any of my system, I am given a loaner that is either the exact model, or a better model. So, all in all, I'm sure I could find cheaper Rotel gear, but IMO it would also come at a cost.

Comment

• Madd
                        • Jan 2003

As others have said there more to it then the price. Look for 8O How long they have been in business. What the store looks like(make sure it is not a whole in the wall store). What kind of knowledge they bring to the table. Price helps but it is not everything. Will they do upgrades for you if you wanted them to.

Comment

• RWright
                          • Jan 2003

If you have access to a great store with great service, consider yourself lucky!

Some areas have only authorized stores that specialize in HT installation with no Rotel gear on the floor. Many of these stores are mostly interested if you are using their installation services.

Hard to justify full price at a store like this!

Comment

• WallaceBW
                            • Jan 2003

Thats my prob... my usual HT store doesn't carry rotel... Thats why I'm looking elsewhere

Brian

Comment

• WallaceBW
                              • Jan 2003

By The Way My HT Shop (Meyer-Emco) is walking distance from my place ;x( :T

Comment

• Claude D D
                                • Jan 2003

Great choice,that's the same combo I have.The best price doesn't always mean the best service,you have to consider that with any purchase.Some dealers will allow you to upgrade later on down the road and others won't.

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                  • Jan 2003

Thanks... I already have a great relationship with Meyer-Emco but They don't sell Rotel. I need to find a dealer that sells rotel and was really just looking for a ball-park figure of actual price (not MSRP) I have a new store that I am checking out friday that states that they will give me 12% off retail... This isn't the best price that I've seen or heard of but the dealer seemed educated on the products. I am going to go to the store and ask them the usual stuff (trade-up program, repairs, ask a few tech questions, etc, etc). I worte this thread wrong

I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT DOESN'T SUPPORT THEIR HT SHOP. I'VE JUST NEVER PURCHASED ROTEL GEAR BEFORE AND WANTED TO KNOW APROX. COST

Sorry about the yelling i just don't want to get a reputation I don't deserve... see my comments in This thread for the things that I find important in a HT shop:

Done, Promise
                                  Brian :sos:

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"