1098 Updated firmware: i have this feeling ....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locutus2k
    • May 2004

1098 Updated firmware: i have this feeling ....

Call me paranoic, but i have a strange feeling about the newcoming 1098 updated firmware: it will be (or it will work flawlessy) *only* for the new production breed of machines (the ones with the newer TFT screen).
    Can it be possible? Please, i need a good word from someone, in case i have to be prepared ...
    Thx

Locutus2k

P.S. I don't want to scare nobody, mine are just speculations, i don't have any information to support them.
    Sorry for my bad English.
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

No it will not be for the new TFT models only. These new TFTs are not an upgrade of any kind, just different. You are going to have to know which one you have though and there will probably be different software for each one, so it is going to get a little confusing on which software to download.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I can't say too much yet...partly becasue I was asked not to but mostly becasue they're still working out the details on just how this is all going to unfold. The TFT screen will be an issue just like the video chips were for the 1055/1066 firmware but from what I know there is a solution its just a matter of working out the minor details. As always when I know more I'll let you know...until then trust that things will work out one way or another sooner or later

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"