X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kudeta
    • Sep 2004

RSX 1055 Component connection problems

Hi,
    Have just tried to connect my DigitalTV STB and DVD through my RSX 1055 and am not getting a viewable picture. On TV the picture is all Blue but distinguishable whilst on DVD it is a mix of green and yellow but the screen rolls up and down and shakes, the picture being unrecognisable. What could I be doing wrong and what should I try. I have followed the instructions in the manuals of all my equipment. I will try to connect one directly to my TV to try and isolate whether it is the cables, 1055 or tv.
    Thanks
    Leigh
  • hery
    • Mar 2003

Kudeta
    I'm kind of a newbie but I own a RSX-1055 and what I did was connect a component video cable out of the DVD directly to the TV in for picture, then I connected a Coaxial cable from the DVD out to the RSX 1055 in for sound. So the picture goes directly from the DVD to the TV instead of going thru the 1055 saving you a connection, hope this helps!!

Comment

• kudeta
      • Sep 2004

Just tried connecting the DVD directly to the TV and I get no picture at all. Do you need to change anything through the DVD player to get component to work?
      Leigh

Comment

• hery
        • Mar 2003

You should go thru the set-up menu of the DVD and the TV to ensure that you pick the correct options and also remember that the signal goes out of the DVD and in to the TV. Should be the same thing for audio, out of DVD and in to Receiver.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Depending on your player you may have to select NTSC/PAL also you may have to select interlaced/proggressive. I know some TV sets only allow 480i or 480p etc signals on certain inputs as well. Check all your manuals

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• Fresh_Burn
            • Oct 2004

Hi,I am new to this Forum, but with my set-up, I have my TV/DVD component cable together instead running another through the receiver. I am using a non HD just the regular Sony 36" using a Rotel RDV-1060, I tried using the Prog Scan once but it gave me the same thing no picture, maybe the person above is right since the Rotels have a switch in the back for PAL/NTSC.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Fresh Burn, Non HD TV's can NOT display progressive signals. They are interlaced sets, hence they can only accept an interlaced signal. That is why yours wouldn't work.

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• kudeta
                • Sep 2004

Hi,
                I just removed all the cables and reconnected them agan making sure I had the locking barrels tightened, a wiggle of one of the cables and evrything is now fine. The Tigress cables from Cat Cables look awesome, the colours are so defined and vivid, whilst the Silver Lynx coaxes are now music to my ears. Even on the digital STB the sound is now awesome.
                Thanks Doug
                Leigh

Comment

• hery
                  • Mar 2003

Doug
                  Glad to hear everything is up and running, enjoy!!

hery

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"