X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MuShu007
    • Jun 2002

RSX-1055 New review

Home Theater Systems and Audio Components | Audio Visual Equipment Product Reviews, Technical AV Guides, Home Theater Equipment and Product Reviews
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Pretty nicely sums up how good a reciever the 1055 is:T

Comment

• Fraggle_Rock
      • May 2003

I'm in the middle of the common debate, 1055 vs. 1066. I have to admit, the non-linear measurements of the 1055 shown in this review (roll-off below 40Hz, etc), and in the Hi-Fi News receiver showdown (downloadable at Rotel's site) are a bit scary to me. Even weirder, the Hi-Fi News review measures the 1055 with a slight bass-lift at 20Hz, the opposite of the roll-off measured here. I know measurements aren't everything, but I wonder if the 1066 might measure better as a two-channel pre-amp (this is important to me). Also, the Hi-Fi review has some scary tidbits about the Bass Redirection (it seems to add too much to the sub's signal when any speakers are set to small), which would likely be the same in both the 1055 and 1066 since they share the same processing. Argh.

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Look, people are making a way bigger deal of this bass stuff than it really is. I researched this ad nauseum before buying my Rotel.

Even if you had electronics with perfect bass response, you would stiil not
        obtain it in your room. All speaker/room interactions are different. With a little time spent during set-up and some tweaking you should be able to get a decent bass response -- especially if you have the flexibility a sub will allow.

If you want the Rotel, do not let this deter you. These bass goblins are not invincible.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"