X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhoffman000
    • Sep 2004

1095 Hum

I'm a happy new owner of a 1095. Problem is that my cable line is introducing a pretty strong hum. I know it can be defeated with a 2-prong cheater plug, but I understand that this creates some concern for safety. I live in a NYC apartment, so it's unlikely I can really get the cable guys out here to correctly ground the cable line. What are some of the options available to me? Do some of the cable conditioner devices that I've seen mentioned here cause problems with digital cable? Thanks,

Rob
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Rob

Although I haven't used it myself I understand that the Magic Box by Mondial works very well at managing this problem.

Home Audio Products for Every Lifestyle, Application & Budget. Since 1946, no compromises in Legendary Sound. Free Shipping on All Online Orders in the US.

Search= Aragon Type= Accessories
    Let me know how you make out.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DrBoom
      • Dec 2003

You don't need to disconnect the ground from your amp, or call the cable company to "ground" your cable.
      All you need is a ground loop isolator, which goes between the antenna cable before it reaches any of your equipment. (TV, VCR, whatever comes first in the chain)
      I also needed one of those after I got my parasound amp, which is the only grounded component in my system and had a really bad hum.
      Mine looks like this, but there are round types as well.

Comment

• rhoffman000
        • Sep 2004

Thanks guys. It looks like the Klipsch product is not in stock. DrBroom, do you know where I can purchase one (actually, I need two) of those isolators? Thanks,

Rob

Comment

• rhoffman000
          • Sep 2004

Some of those devices are pretty pricey. Does anyone know if this would work. Looks like a cheap fix. I wonder if it would affect a Digital cable signal

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by rhoffman000
            Some of those devices are pretty pricey. Does anyone know if this would work. Looks like a cheap fix. I wonder if it would affect a Digital cable signal

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-075
            I don't believe this covers the complete frequency range, so you may lose some channels, depending on your cable provider.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• DrBoom
              • Dec 2003

Now that you mention it, it starts at 100 MHz, and indeed there are certain cable providers that broadcast some channels below that frequency.
              Over here there are several around the 70 MHz range, but I don't know how it's done where you live.
              Then again, we still have analog cable, not the fancy digital stuff, and no HD either

Comment

• will1066
                • Aug 2003

I'm in Brooklyn, on Cablevision digital cable, and using a Jensen VRD-1FF. It's the size of a roll of breath mints. Range is 2 to 1300 MHz.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"