X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpriest
    • Oct 2023

No Sound Connecting Rotel To Yamaha Receiver

Hi all,
    I just connected the Rotel RB-1582 MkII to my Yamaha Aventage RX-A6A receiver. I want the Rotel to power the FL and FR speakers. I connected RCA cables from the L & R pre-outs as shown in the picture to the inputs on the Rotel and connected the speakers to the Rotel. I also changed the settings in the receiver trying all the settings including Basic and nothing works.

What am I doing wrong???​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	949460 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	915.1 KB
ID:	949461
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by theSven at 09 October 2023, 16:26 Monday.
    DeanP
    • May 2004

I'd put the settings back to where they were before you hooked up the rotel. It should work then. Dumb question but what does the manual state for settings?

Comment

• DeanP
      • May 2004

I'd put the settings back to where they were before you hooked up the rotel. It should work then. Dumb question but what does the manual state for settings?

Comment

• dpriest
        • Oct 2023

I've tried everything. I started with the basic setting and switched to every other one with no sound. The manual for the Yamaha is a bit unclear but from what I understand and what others have suggested is switching to 7.2.4 for Bi-Amp. Again, no sound on any setting.

Comment

• dpriest
          • Oct 2023

Update. Got it working. The problem was the trigger switch was switched to ON. Switched it to OFF and it is now working.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"