X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

1068 Lipsynch: Setting and consistency

Howdy,

I am having a bit of trouble getting my lipsynch setting right. When using with SKY+ satelite box (optical output), I get the setting right for one show and then when I view another show its hopelessly out again. I am not sure if its the source or the processing required for the different sound signals but its becoming a little frustrating to fiddle with it every time I change channel!

Perhaps as a future suggestion of software upgrade we can assign lipsynch settings to diff sound processing methods?

The problem never used to be this bad with my 1066 where this setting was not available.

Also does this setting delay the video or delay the sound ?

Regards Steve.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

It should delay the sound to cope with the delay video processing introduces. What are you using for a display and what processing do you have it doing? You may be able to minimize lipsynch issues by turning off as many supposed video "enhancements" :roll: like VSM or noise reduction.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Using s-video out from SKY+ satelite digital decoder into1068 s-video input and using 1068 component outputs to Panasonic plasma display.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

As I recall the delay setting is alwayes temporarely - meaning that as soon as you switch to another input the 1068 forget the setting and you have to do it all over again..
        Also the conversion from s-video to component is most likely the course of it, try running s-video naitively through the 1068 and see if this improves it (my guess is it will)..

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"