X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonb68
    • Jan 2003

RSX-1055 CD input detection

Hi All

I find that if I turn on my CD player (actually a DVD player used for CD duties) before I power on the Rotel or switch inputs, the Rotel doesn't 'detect' the CD signal and I get no sound, or sometimes a hiss.

I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant. Does anybody have this problem, is it a known issue. Firmware version is 1.48 - worth upgrading to see if that might help?

I know I can get round it by engaging brain first, but I often forget, and its a bit of a pain, have to power cycle the DVD player. Could it be its detecting the the digital connection and locking on that?

Thanks
    Simon
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

Try changing the mode of the AVR from 2-Channel Stereo to DTS or DD, then go back to 2-Channel Stereo and see if that works.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

• simonb68
      • Jan 2003

Thanks Tony, I'll give it a try, still a bit of a nuisance though if this is the only way.

Comment

• TonyPTX
        • Apr 2003

You can't have everything all the time my man...
        That's why I stick with analog

I'm at the cross road where I need to purchase a home theater reference power center cause I need to get up off my @$$ and manually turn on my CD player. I'm looking at getting something with a 12V trigger switched outlet.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"