X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kudeta
    • Sep 2004

Rotel RCD 1072 prices in AUS

For the Aussie contingent that frequent this forum, has anyone seen a better price than $770AUD for an RCD 1072? Also what would the going rate be for a 1075 amp?
    And for those of you that helped me with my earlier questions on my RSX1055 thanx.
    Have just placed my order for 3x Solid Silver Coaxes and 3x Tigress component cables from Doug. So I cant wait for them to arrive.
    If anyone in Australia especially Melbourne has any good deals please tell me.
    :T
    Also for advice on a DVD player around $300-400 where do I post that for advice?

Cheers
    :lol:
    Leigh
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Hi Kudeta,
    $770 is an exceptionally good price for an RCD-1072. I purchased mine a couple of months ago for $880 (and I though I was getting a good deal as the RRP is around $1100). I purchased my 1075 about 11 months ago, but if you can get one around $1500 that would be a good price.

As far as DVD players go (as long as you don't want SACD / DVD-A or DVI) the Sony DVP-NS730P is outstanding. It does PAL 576 progressive scan and the picture is amazing. I have it connected to my TV and Infocus 5700 projector and couldn't be happier with it. Cost 12 months ago was $273 at David Jones. If you want to go more up-market I believe that Samsung was a DVD player that upscales and has DVI output. This is arounf $599 RRP. After that have a look at the new Denon players that are on the way.

cheers,
    Stephen
    My Home Theatre

Comment

• hired goon
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kudeta
      For the Aussie contingent that frequent this forum, has anyone seen a better price than $770AUD for an RCD 1072?
      I asked about a RCD 1072 last week, and was quoted around AUD$870. I was also buying some other Rotel gear, so this seems like the best price I could get.

Where can you get an RCD 1072 for AUD$770?

Also what would the going rate be for a 1075 amp?
      I've just got an RMB 1075, and it was around AUD$1000 - AUD$1200. This was part of a package, however, so it's difficult to determine the exact price, but that's what I reckon.

I suspect that the RMB 1075 may be run out soon (there's talk of a new 7-channel 100w amp from Rotel coming), and the distributor may be trying to get rid of stock. So you should be able to haggle a good deal.

Also for advice on a DVD player around $300-400 where do I post that for advice?
      Try aus.audio-visual.home-cinema or aus.dvd newsgroups.

-- Geoff

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Jdh

I recently purchased the RB-1080 and RMB-1075 for $2300 AUS in Sydney. I thought $1150 AUS for the 1075 was a reasonable price.
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• dedepas8
          • Aug 2004

$770 is a very good price. where do you get this? I want one too.

Comment

• kiki
            • Sep 2004

1068+1075 how much?

how much is the 1068+1075 in Australia? What is the best price anyone of you got? I going to get one soon, the prices is AUD$3000 in melbourne, anyone found better anywhee else? From the above post, 1075 for AUD$1100, the one i quote is around AUD$1300 and 1068 AUD$1700. Thanks, please share good deal !!! :W

Comment

• farbs
              • Jun 2004

$770 Aus is a great price!
              Where did get that if you don't mind me asking?
              Also I got quoted $1100 for a 1075 and a few other places said that they could match it. Try the the place that gave the price on the cd player.
              At that price I am thinking about it myself :B
              Anyway enjoy your system!!

Comment

• kudeta
                • Sep 2004

Price For the RCD 1072 was at Frankston Hifi, but it was probably due to the fact that I had bought all my other gear through them. The list price they have is $899 but I asked for a price which they reduced to $799 before I haggled them down further even without commitment. Will be getting it next week. They are genuinely really good with price these days. Also Encel Had about 4 I think of the RDV 1060 on clearance at $899 from $1299. If anyone is on the lookout for these.
                The 1075 @ $1100 sounds pretty good too. Big problem with one of these is its pretty hard to convince the better half that the really big metal box was always there without them getting suspicious or you getting your butt kicked.
                Will keep you posted
                Leigh

Comment

• kiki
                  • Sep 2004

The 1075 @ $1100 sounds pretty good too.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how much is the RSX1068? I going to get one very soon. :T

Comment

• dedepas8
                    • Aug 2004

My experience is that 20% off RRP is a good deal. My RSP1098,RMB1095,RB1080 was around 25% off RRP.

Comment

• hired goon
                      • Aug 2004

Stereo Supplies on the Gold Coast quoted me AUD$775 yesterday for the RCD-1072 (this is the same store that quoted me AUD$870 last week). They also quoted AUD$1950 on the RSP-1068. You can also pick up a new silver RSP-1066 for AUD$1000.

I'm heading down there later today to audition the RMB-1080, and see what price I can get (I expect AUD$1200, but I'm hoping to talk them down further). Though I'm very tempted to get the RCD-1072 while I'm there...

[later]

... as Oscar Wilde once said, I can resist everything except temptation, and I walked out of the store with a shiny new RCD-1072 CD player. :T
                      Last edited by hired goon; 18 September 2004, 03:45 Saturday. Reason: back from the store...

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"