X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sasha99
    • Dec 2010

BRAVO to Classe customer service

Where to start with this wonderful experience? (as much as it could be wonderful when your amp would not power on – exactly on my birthday!)
    Well, my day started great, alone at home, with long listening session in mind, music should be blasting through the home……well not exactly…..push the power on button as every day…the light is on, but would not “click” on as usual.
    First I called 800 number that gives you Bowers& Wilkins of North America, where I had to leave a message. (Response time – 24 hours). Somebody actually called me back same day after I already arranged everything with Robert in Montreal.
    After that I called local Classe dealer in Ottawa, to see if they could help out. Guys were helpful but could not fix it in store. Amp had to be shipped to Classe in Montreal, either by them or by myself (cheaper option).
    Then I decided to call local Classe number in Montreal and to my surprise someone actually answered the phone. I explained my problem and I could not really ask for better person to talk to. Robert Adam was so helpful going back and forth between techs and phone and really trying hard to help me, where we spend almost an hour on the phone trying to fix my problem to no avail.
    Plan B was to ship my amp to Montreal for onsite fix. I am trying to avoid shipping due to cost and even more to avoid risk of damage ( 92 pounds), so I asked Robert if it would be possible for me to drive in from Ottawa next day early morning and if someone could look at my amp while I go out for a breakfast. Robert happily agreed.
    So, I was at Classe next day by 9 o’clock and Robert helped me out to unload and to create an invoice. My wife and went out to do some shopping, (when she heard that I am going to Montreal next day, she arranged to go with me…. In the end it was expensive trip, but not for Classe repair as you will learn later).
    About 2 hours later my cell phone rang to tell me that amp is fixed and that I could stop by any time to pick it up. So it is 12:30 now I am back at Classe site, my amp is ready in Robert’s office and when I asked about payment (I am second owner, warranty is not transferable), he just waived away any charges.
    Oh, yes, they also updated software, printed log file from the amp, offered me amp adjustments based on the log file read out….
    Does it get any better than this? I am long time Classe customer, had there’s CAP 151, now 47.5 preamp and CA 2200. Their service was always good, but this way above and beyond.
    Classe will have a customer for life in me.
    I thought , such an experience should be shared with our community….more often than not, there are not that many success stories in customer service.
    One more time, thank you Robert, thank you Classe
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Can I haz that in Europe?

Great service, great story. Easely worth the free repair in PR.

Nice to hear that some companies still care about their customers.
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Have always had first rate experience with the service people from B&W in Europe. They handle all Classe issues as well. Based on the service I have received I will do outmost to continue to support them in the future..

Comment

• Gump
        • Sep 2005

Guess it's time to load up the family and move to Quebec!

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Honestly at this price point I'd expect above and beyond, nice to hear you're getting it.

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Great story. I am not surprised. I have always found the Classé customer service and technical staff to be very responsive. I've dealt with Robert Adam a number of times over the years. He is a super nice guy, and one of us -- "a dedicated audiophile" -- to put it in his own words.

Comment

• spykids777
              • Dec 2010

That is great service. I have to say that each and every time I have called their tech support they have always been quick to respond, help troubleshoot the problem quickly and even advised on upgrade that they did not think would have helped my situation. Great customer service - I would not hesitate buying Classe again even after having bought SSP 800, CAM 600 and CA 5300.

Comment

• ryst
                • May 2007

Do you know what they fixed?
                Have the same issue with my SSP-800, no click when you "boot" it up. Display works fine and you can see that the unit receive a signal but nothing more :/

Have been in contact with Classé support, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Comment

• Sasha99
                  • Dec 2010

From what I understood, it is a contact metal behind the power on switch which got "stuck" and it is not engaging. I understood that they replaced faulty switch.
                  I do not know more than that.
                  Good luck with your fix.
                  Let us know , how did it go?
                  Cheers
                  Sasha

Originally posted by ryst
                  Do you know what they fixed?
                  Have the same issue with my SSP-800, no click when you "boot" it up. Display works fine and you can see that the unit receive a signal but nothing more :/

Have been in contact with Classé support, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Comment

• ryst
                    • May 2007

Good, sound like a minor repair.
                    Will send it to UK next week, will post result asap.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Oustanding Customer Service

Oustanding Customer Service is all I can say :T:T
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"