X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiki
    • Sep 2004

1056+1070 or 1068+1075?

Which of these 2 system will you pick, to drive 603, 601, LCR600 and 600 sub? They both endup around the same prices.

Oh, for the speaker, will you suggest the 5.1 above or 602, 601, LCR600 and 675 sub?
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

1068 + 1075 all the way.

Comment

• kiki
      • Sep 2004

the 1075+1068 is around AUD$3000 and the 1067 is AUD$2500. which one will you get? 8O

Comment

• hired goon
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kiki
        the 1075+1068 is around AUD$3000 and the 1067 is AUD$2500. which one will you get? 8O
        Do you mean the RSX-1067? The list price is AUD$3500, and the best price I've seen is AUD$3000. It does 7x100w, whereas the RMB-1075 does 5x120w. Also the RSX-1067 has a tuner, which the RSP-1068 lacks. I think the processing specifications are the same.

I'd go for the 1068+1075 combo, as seperates allow greater choice in upgrades. But if you can snag a RSX-1067 for AUD$2500 then that's a bargain.

Note that if you call around you can pick up an RSP-1066+RMB-1075 combo for around AUD$2000, but only if you think the 1068 is not AUD$1000 better than the 1066.

Comment

• kiki
          • Sep 2004

1066+1075 cheapest is AUD$2300, where did you saw it for AUD$2000, I might go and have a look. (1066 AUD$999)

Is the 1075+1068 AUD$3000 good price? A few retailers can do that price, but no one go lower than that. The price AUD$3000 is when I buy them with the 603s3 5.1 package.

Comment

• hired goon
            • Aug 2004

I should add perhaps add the following:

The RSP-1068 is around AUD$2000, but for about AUD$1800 (or less) you could get the RSP-1066 + the RC-1070 stereo pre-amp. The 1068 has the edge for multi-channel (though I can't quantify how much), and is better than the 1066 for 2-channel, but I don't think it comes close to the RC-1070 for 2-channel.

If you really want to have better multi-channel, and it's worth the extra AUD$1000 to you, then get the RSP-1068. But if you really want better stereo, and relatively lower quality multi-channel, then get the 1066+1070 combo.

(I say "relatively lower", but it's like saying that 95% is less than 99%. You'd be very satisfied with either 1066 or 1068 for multi-channel, I reckon).

The RMB-1075 could drive the B&W 600 series comfortably using either combination. Eventually, however, you would want to add the RB-1080 2x200w to drive your front speakers, and you would have quite a cracking kit...

Though I'm not sure how to connect a multi-channel pre/pro and a 2-channel pre/pro to the same amp, for driving the same speakers... I'm sure someone here has a solution...

Comment

• hired goon
              • Aug 2004

1066+1075 cheapest is AUD$2300, where did you saw it for AUD$2000, I might go and have a look. (1066 AUD$999)
              I called a few Rotel dealers, but I cannot remember which one quoted around AUD$2000. This was for new silver components, not black or ex-demo.

Is the 1075+1068 AUD$3000 good price? A few retailers can do that price, but no one go lower than that. The price AUD$3000 is when I buy them with the 603s3 5.1 package.
              AUD$3000 is a very good price, considering that list price is AUD$4000. The best I saw for the 1068+1075 was AUD$3200, and that was just for those two components. Getting the 600s means the dealer can trim a few more bucks...

Comment

• hired goon
                • Aug 2004

By the way, you should definately test out any combinations of 1066, 1068, 1070, etc before buying. If you cannot test the 1066, then go for the 1068.

You may also want to post to the B&W forum and ask about the 600 series speaker package. I'd be tempted to replace the floor-standing 603 with a bookshelf 602 s3, as I reckon the 602s had a better sound. Not as much bottom-end, obviously, but you've got the subbie for that. To my ears, the 603s were a bit leaner. The local B&W dealer is considering not stocking any more of the 600 series floor-standers, for the same reason. You may also want to consider the 705's.

Comment

• kiki
                  • Sep 2004

If I consider 700 series, I have to cut the cost for amp. In the 'ecoustics.com' forum, most people there suggest to spent $1=amp $2=speakers. In this forum, I saw many people using and suggest the Rotel 1095 to drive B&W603 !!!

Comment

• jlee
                    • Aug 2004

1095 to drive a 603 is a waste... go for CM as a minimum... but if u want the best resale and best overall value, 700 series is the way to go.... if u have to drop down to the 1075... it's still a great amp for the 700 series and CM series... those 600 series sound awful to me (no offense)... I demoed the 600 series, CM series, 700 series, and Nautilus... decided I could live with 700 but eventually went with Nautilus as I got a great discount to move up... CM was the minimum I would personally have went... those 600 series just aren't musical to me. If it's just HT, I suppose it would be ok... still better than most stuff available at mass market stores.

Comment

• hired goon
                      • Aug 2004

I agree -- you don't need a 200w amp for the 603. If you move up to the 800 series, then a 200w is necessary, but not for the 600 series.

B&W 705 is about AUD$2500, whereas the B&W 603 is about AUD$2000. To my ears, the 705s are much better than the 600s, and are worth the small additional expense. It would be good to use the 700 series all round (at least get the HTM7 centre), but perhaps you can get away with 602 s3 for surrounds. See what kind of deal you can get for that combo.

As for amps, keep the 1075 for driving all the speakers, then later on get a RB-1080 for driving the fronts.

Comment

• kiki
                        • Sep 2004

I think I'll get the 1068+1075 to drive the 705+htm7 and will get something for the front or surround + sub later. I have to stop eating now for 6 months, pray for me.

Comment

• Martinf
                          • Oct 2003

I'm using my RMB-1075 and an RSP-1066 for stereo CD, DVD-Audio, and film soundtracks with great results! My DVD player is a universal Denon DVD-5900 (called the DVD-A11 in the UK). I also have two REL Q-108 subwoofers. My main speakers are TDL RTL-3s ('transmission-line' floorstanders) and my surrounds/center are a combination of Monitor Audio and Mission. I use a 60Hz cutoff bass mangement slope for the center & surrounds, while the fronts get full-range. I also use time-alignment for both music (using the Denon's in-built speaker-distance & bass management settings for hirez DVD Audio), while for films and DPLII CD playback I use the settings in the RSP-1066 processor itself.

b.t.w. After running-in the brand new components over several months, the overall sound has really opened-up. Personally I don't feel the need to add another amp for the fronts. My RMB-1075 drives everything effortlessly.
                          I'll be back!

Comment

• kiki
                            • Sep 2004

Is anyone know how much is 700 series? Where can I get good prices ?

Comment

• nyny
                              • Jul 2004

Kiki >>> I have the 1068 + 1075 combo driving 705s (front and surround) and HTM7 in my system and I am loving it. Personally, I do think the 700s are better speakers than the 600s. Anyway, good luck with your upgrade and I am sure you will enjoy your system as much as I do... :T
                              Tony

Comment

• kiki
                                • Sep 2004

nyny,

How much you get your 705 for? I had read your old thread, I think you change 704 to 705 right? what's wrong? Is it the bass? How much are they? Thanks

Comment

• theMaximus
                                  • Jul 2004

To answer the original question...

1056+1070 or 1068+1075?

Which of these 2 system will you pick, to drive 603, 601, LCR600 and 600 sub? They both endup around the same prices.

Oh, for the speaker, will you suggest the 5.1 above or 602, 601, LCR600 and 675 sub?
                                  I'll stick to the original question. There is no doubt that 1068+1075 would be better than 1056+1070. It just comes down to cost. 1068+1075 would be about $700 more expensive (in the U.S.). 1068+1075 would be a very expensive option for driving B&W 600 series speakers. They would be more appropriate for 700 or even N800 series. If you are planning to upgrade your speakers later, it might be worth it to consider 1068+1075 combo.

I have a 1056+1070 combo driving B&W 704 + HTM7 + 601 S3 (along with ASW600 sub) and quiet happy with them. IMO, 1070 + 704 sounds a little on the bright side, and I'm using the 1070 to power mid+bass of 704 and using 1056 to drive the tweeter of 704 (it sounds more natural to me).

To answer the second question, I would definitely go with 603 in the front instead of 602 if you like listening to a lot of music and have a fair size listening room. I find 602 to be lacking in bass department although it has very good bass for a bookshelf speaker. Also, I have a pretty large living room, and I find ASW 600 to be more than enough bass.
                                  Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• kiki
                                    • Sep 2004

I think I going to get the B&W 705, HTM7, and I'll get the 1075+1068 to drive them. Just came back from the dealer and audition the 704, 705 and HTM7, they all really good, I like the 704 better + htm7, more bass they're around AUD$4000 after discount (retail AUD$5500), are they good prices? Anyone see anywhere better? Have to decide on the next few days, the offer end next week.

Comment

• hired goon
                                      • Aug 2004

I think I going to get the B&W 705, HTM7, and I'll get the 1075+1068 to drive them. Just came back from the dealer and audition the 704, 705 and HTM7, they all really good, I like the 704 better + htm7, more bass they're around AUD$4000 after discount (retail AUD$5500), are they good prices?
                                      I tried out some B&W speakers today. The only model in the 600s that I like is the 602 s3, but I'd use them for surrounds rather than for music.

I prefer the clarity of the 705s, as well as their imaging. The 704s have better bottom end, but this tends too smooth out their sound a bit, and some clarity is lost. Still, AUD$4000 for 704 + HTM7 is a very good price (considering list price for the 704 is AUD$4000 anyway).

However, I was using Musical Fidelity amps to drive the 700s. The Rotel amps are somewhat harsher & brighter in comparison, so they may be a better match with the 704 rather than the 705. I think a 1075 should be sufficient to drive all speakers, although it would be beneficial later on to get a RMB-1080 to drive the 704s (or 705s, if you get those).

Comment

• nyny
                                        • Jul 2004

Kiki >>> i have always had the 705s...i am partial towards bookshelf speakers due to my space constraint. i was able to get 17 percent off for the speakers. good luck on your purchased.
                                        Tony

Comment

• kiki
                                          • Sep 2004

Going to get the system very soon, very nervous now. I'm abit worry about the price on the amp, and should I wait and see the new digital amp from Rotel?

Comment

• Azeke
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Mar 2003

Don't worry you seem to have made some sound decisions.

The Rotel digital amp will be in infancy, and therefore will probably need some refinement. Unless you can afford a Meridian Digital amp don't concern yourself.

Relax, enjoy and above all be happy with your purchases. It is very easy to second guess yourself.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• kiki
                                              • Sep 2004

Going to pick up the 705 and HTM7 tomorrow, and I'm taking half a day off for that !!!

For pre/power I like the Rotel 1068 + 1075, and still looking around see if I can spot anything better. anyone have any opinion or suggestion?

The other day I was asking for QED silver aniversary bi-wire, and the retailer told me that, B&W is on the bright side, and so as rotel, so dont get QED silver cable which is a bit bright aswell. Is anyone have expireince with cable for B&W 700 series? Thanks

Comment

• aud19
                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Aug 2003

Kiki, send an email off to Doug at forum sponsor Cat Cables. Great gear, great service and great prices :T Links at the bottom of the page

Jason
                                                Jason

Comment

• kiki
                                                  • Sep 2004

Today, I took half a day off for picking up my 1st baby - B&W.

Just back from ordering the Rotel 1068+1075 and I picked up my 705+HTM7 today, they are really nice in walnut finish, I going to sleep with them tonight. The pre/power will be delivery to me tomorrow, cant wait to hook them all up !!!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2003

Kiki,

I going to sleep with them tonight.
                                                    Is that love in the air? :lovestory:

Geoff

Comment

• kiki
                                                      • Sep 2004

Order the Rotel 1068+1075 2 days ago, they send it to me yesterday. They look really nice, I still choosing speaker cable and inter connection cable.

Email B&W, they suggest Chord company cable. Ask around for prices, very expensive, they are around AUD$110/m bi-wire (odyssey).

Tonight, B&W is on my left, Rotel is on my right and we share one small blanket ^__^

Comment

• aud19
                                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by aud19
                                                        Kiki, send an email off to Doug at forum sponsor Cat Cables. Great gear, great service and great prices :T Links at the bottom of the page

Jason

Again, email Doug

Jason
                                                        Jason

Comment

• Bam!
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Jan 2004

....the retailer told me that, B&W is on the bright side, and so as rotel, so dont get QED silver cable which is a bit bright aswell. Is anyone have expireince with cable for B&W 700 series? Thanks

:rofl:
                                                          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• kiki
                                                            • Sep 2004

B&W replay my email regard speaker cable, they prefer Chord Company speaker cable. or anyone have any other suggestion?

BAM, what's wrong? Can you suggest something? Thanks

Comment

• aud19
                                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Aug 2003

B&W replay my email regard speaker cable, they prefer Chord Company speaker cable. or anyone have any other suggestion?

Are my posts not showing up here? Am I using the "invisible" font again? : :rofl:

Let me state this as plainly as I can... ahem....

Kiki, go to the link at the bottom of the page for Cat Cables or click here:
                                                              http://www.catcables.com Then email Doug as to your gear, listening tatstes, budget and requirements etc. That is my suggestion.

Jason
                                                              Jason

Comment

• ajpoe
                                                                • Jul 2004

:rofl: :laughat: :roflmao:

I can see the posts Jason... I don't get it either.

Ajpoe
                                                                AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• kiki
                                                                  • Sep 2004

aud19, sorry I saw your msg at your 1st post, I did when to the web site and my gf doesnt like the look of it, she prefer something white like QED, chord silver and Nordost ... I know cable is not for the look, but for sure there is something look good and sound great too. Thanks for you advice.

Comment

• Bam!
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Jan 2004

well can this guy say anything else other than bright ?....sorry buddy.....please realize that I wasn' t laughing at you but at the 100 watt light bulb who seems to think everything is bright.....

As for recommendations I'm with Jason on this one...check out Doug....that being said look into silver
                                                                    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
                                                                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                      • Aug 2003

Yeah Doug has silver cables or I'm sure he'd quote you on some white sleeves for the cables if that's what you want. Trust us, great cables, great pricing.... email him :lol: Doesn't hurt to ask right?

Jason
                                                                      Jason

Comment

• jlee
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2004

Kiki, Check out Harmonictech. In addition to the silver and black jacketing, they offer custom colors if you ask. Off-white is one of the choices.

Comment

Working...
                                                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                        Search Result for "|||"