X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Rotel RSX-1067 canadian MSRP

Just curious if anyone knows what the going price of a Rotel RSX-1067 is(CDN$$)

ht_addict
  • Drew_W
    • Dec 2003

$3000 I believe, or just a tad more. Whatever it is, it's cheaper to buy it in the States...Rotel is more expensive here than there.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Actually I thought the prices were about the same btn Canada and the US for Rotel gear? For the price of the 1067 though you might consider going with the 1068 and a 1075 instead

Comment

• Drew_W
        • Dec 2003

Well, look at the RMB-1075. $999USD retail versus $1499CAD. The exchange rate is 1.3, not 1.5, which makes the Canadian retail (as of right now) ~$200 more than US retail.

Comment

• Claude D D
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Drew_W
          Well, look at the RMB-1075. $999USD retail versus $1499CAD. The exchange rate is 1.3, not 1.5, which makes the Canadian retail (as of right now) ~$200 more than US retail.
          You're forgetting the exchange fee on your credit card,duty,brokerage fees,shipping and taxes.Also you have no warranty on any product you import from the USA.Prices in Canada are more than competitive if you take all this in to consideration.Plus your local dealer can provide you wilth much better support and service.I recently ordered some tools that I was unable to find a Canadian supplier for out of the USA and the math on the transaction after all the extra charges worked out to be x1.85.Not 1.3.Hope this helps to put things into perspective. :T

Comment

• ht_addict
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            Actually I thought the prices were about the same btn Canada and the US for Rotel gear? For the price of the 1067 though you might consider going with the 1068 and a 1075 instead

What price do the 1068/1075 go for in Canada?

ht_addict

Comment

• jlee
              • Aug 2004

1068 is about $2500 CDN and 1075 is about $1500 CDN. There really is no MSRP in CDN prices. I find that all dealers set their own pricing, which is annoying. I always negotiate pricing based on the USD MSRP even though I'm in Canada. In general, Rotel CDN pricing was about 1.5 times the USD pricing whether the exchange was 1.5, 1.6, 1.4, or 1.3. Certain products that were less popular for whatever reason seemed to be rounded up to the nearest $100 whereas some more popular products were sometimes rounded down. There was no consistency... very very annoying. I don't even pay attention to the prices any more. I just say ok this is what it costs in USD, this is how much discount I want, you work out the exchange rate, can you do it yes or no?

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

jlee, this sounds pretty wise. Here in the states any item you buy or sell is based on whatever the market will bear, PERIOD... MSRP seems to be just that, Suggested price. If selling new gear the retailer may choose not to budge much on a new model, or they may. I take the same approach as you, I know what I will pay b-4 I go in, and and tell them if they can do it for this, write it up..On used items I have seen them sell for more than one could have purchased them new for, being whatever the market will bear.

Comment

• Drew_W
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Claude D D
                  You're forgetting the exchange fee on your credit card,duty,brokerage fees,shipping and taxes.Also you have no warranty on any product you import from the USA.Prices in Canada are more than competitive if you take all this in to consideration.Plus your local dealer can provide you wilth much better support and service.I recently ordered some tools that I was unable to find a Canadian supplier for out of the USA and the math on the transaction after all the extra charges worked out to be x1.85.Not 1.3.Hope this helps to put things into perspective. :T
                  I was comparing someone in the US buying one locally versus someone in Canada buying one locally. I've already supported my dealer by buying a 1075 locally...at a substantial (to me anyways) discount of course.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"