X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marty D.
    • Aug 2004

Hello Everybody! Quick Question?

To begin I would just like to say hello to everybody at club Rotel. Claude D had posted a congrats earlier this week after he had convinced me to finally take the plunge and buy an RMB-1075. I have just one thing to say, "WOW!!!" this thing sounds incredible!! I just wanted to ask if anyone had actually went and demoed the diferrences between the RDV 1050 and RDV 1060 I'm really stuck between the two? I'm sure that either will sound better than my awful samsung DVDHD 931. Thanks Guys!!!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

You may want until their next generation players which will add SACD and possibly DVI/HDMI output. If you need something to hold you over, one of the new, cheaper Denon's being released should tide you over for a year or two

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

Out of those two DVD players, go with the RDV-1050. It is newer and I think it is just better all around. Of course, I only use my DVD player to actually play DVDs, I dont care if it can play CDs and all the other junk. That is why I have a CD player.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Drew_W
        • Dec 2003

Denon is the absolute leader in DVD players...as far as I'm concerned, Rotel isn't even on the table.

This website is for sale! ecost.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ecost.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Denon 2900S (black is $20USD more). Refurbed. Around $800CAD shipped to your door (less if you're in AB since there's no PST). That player walks all over any of the Rotels.

The new Denons are even more impressive on paper but they look ghastly. I want the old aesthetic designer back. The new one should be ... well ... I'll let you fill in the blank.

Comment

• Marty D.
          • Aug 2004

Thanks for the advice guys! I never even thought about taking a look at Denon I am still very excited about my RMB 1075 and I think I was just expecting the Rotel dvd player to be just as good as the amp. I guess this is why I jooined Club Rotel! Thanks again!!! :T

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Well the Rotel DVD players are supposed to have quite good CD play back and sound quality but Denon's just got too many quality players with more features and format support, as good or better PQ and close to as good SQ. So unless you absolutely have to have better CD SQ at the loss of all the rest of those bennefits, the Denon's are likely a safer bet. I'm hopeful Rotel will get the next generation right though

Jason
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"