• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alkalay
    • Jun 2004

What can I do?

Finally I've done it.
    After having the 1075 for some time now, I've ordered the 1068. :W
    My dealer brought it yesterday but it turned out to be a silver unit and not a black one as I had ordered. Well I spent last night watching that box not knowing how I could wait till morning arrives and then replace the silver with black. Little did I know as today I was told the local distributor ran out of black 1068's. That's right no black 1068. Now I have to wait for about a month with that box sitting in me living room, waiting.
    I think I can find the power and will to wait but seeing my B&W CM4's drooling all over the floor pleading me to do something.

What can I do?

Patience, patience, patience...
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I don't know how important asthetics are to you, but perhaps you could grow to like silver, it is indeed a acquired taste. Just suppose, in theory, you wait another month and the black is still not available, that would be a bummer.

I applaud your patience, but a bird in the hand......well you know the rest. My thoughts, perhaps you should consider the silver 8) .

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Silver sounds better.... :unsure: :lol:

My hat goes off to you.....there's no way I'd be able to resist....NONE.
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yeah it'd be over for me too :lol: Box'd probably be in shredded pieces all over the floor. :rofl:

Jason
        Last edited by aud19; 01 September 2004, 15:20 Wednesday.
        Jason

Comment

• nyny
          • Jul 2004

Alkalay>>> man, I can't imaging what I would do if I am in your position....I think I would return the 1068 to the dealer so that I am not tempted to open it (I have no will power when it comes to my toys... )

But hey, I have to agree with Bam!, the silver really do sound better...hehe :rofl: Seriously though, I went through the same upgrade you did last month (was running the 1075 with my receiver b4 I purchased the 1068 ) and all I can say is that I am truly glad that I made the upgrade.

Well, no pain no gain....you will enjoy your Black 1068 that much more when you get it :T

Good luck!
          Tony

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
            • Sep 2003

you have a silver and dont want to open it? youre a madman!

silver rocks!

I waited forever to get a silver 1072, if you look at my rack, its all silver so I am biased, I admit it.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
            GameTracker -My List-
            Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• dermie999
              • Jul 2004

I bought the 1098 and was disappointed when I was told I couldn't get it in black only - and so silver it was. I have to admit silver grows on you and would prefer black. However I have to say I would rather have a silver 1068/1098 than no 1068/1098. Unpack the damn thing and start using it - you will love it.

Trevor

Comment

• Pez
                • May 2004

Until I discovered Rotel I never liked silver components. To me they looked like gear from the 70's. However, there is something about Rotel that makes the silver stand out in a good way. And I like that just the face is silver, not the chasis. If the whole unit was silver than I probably wouldnt like it.

Comment

• EricTh
                  • Dec 2002

If the dealer made the error in ordering he should let you use the silver 'til the black arrives. In this world, everything is negotiable - you just have to ask.

Comment

• alkalay
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks everyone

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I really enjoyed them.

After about 24 hours with the closed box my dealer has got me a silver 1068 to use until black arrives. :T :B :W :lol: :P 8)

Those of you who speak for silver you're right on. The Rotel silver does rock. The silver 1068 I got for now, with my silver 1075, oh man it does look great. I'll still be waiting for the black though, just hope I'll know what to do when it gets here.

I will post my experience with the 1068 so far, for now I can just say that my B&W CM4's were so right to give me such a hard time, working on my conscience...

Itai.

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Itai,

You know you are not going to want to give it back, especially after all the comments you'll receive. Comments like, wow that's really looks good, etc...

Now it time to sit back and enjoy.

Keep us posted,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"