X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOY DIVISION
    • Aug 2004

Question on Rotel 1056 and rdv-1060

I've completed the setup in which I ended up getting a B&W CM4 with the CM2 and CMC to match with the 1056 and 1060, the question now is with the digital coax, it was a freebie Audioquest that the dealer gave me. It has been almost 3 weeks and the speakers are sounding better, I am using audio for 2 channels only and I have not done the DVD-a yet since I've been looking around for the CAT cables, but for now the Panthers from my 2ch Ic's are running the 1056-1060 2ch stereo. The sound in audio is very different from digital, a little bland or uninteresting at some point with the Digital coax(Audioquest VDM3) enabled from the 1056 and if you disable the coax to analog, just running at normal from 1060 and 1056 the sound was just about as good as the Arcam cd player that we have, except for the vibration from the Rotel but the dealer said it was pretty normal and it does not affect the sound at all. On video with Coax enabled it was just marvelous with movies, I tried watching "Twister" on D/D and Dts and it was amazing cause it shook the whole house with the Velodyne SPL12 II subwoofer. But I am a little concern when it comes to the audio side with di/coax enabled since I always disable after movies to listen to 2 channel stereo, Is this healthy? or do I need a DACs or just replace the VDM 3? Maybe I should soon check on the Solid Silver Digital Coax fro Cat cables? Is it going to improve? Thanks for the input.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"