X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number9
    • Aug 2004

Newbie needs some Rotel advice...

Hi all, I just joined today & I'm so happy that there's a Rotel Club! I'm also kind of new to HIFI, so I don't know too much. I'm very interested in the RCD-1072, although I have not auditioned it yet. Due to space limitations I would also like to get one of their integrated amps. I was leaning heavily towards the RA-1062 as I read that they were "voiced together." I was also considering the RA-1070 because it's more powerful. I would like to know what amp & speakers seem to work well with the RCD-1072. I would prefer floorstanding speakers as opposed to stand mounted but I'll listen to anything. I'm not into Home Theater, SACD or DVD-A, as I'm heavily invested in Redbook CD's. I'm a diehard 2 channel guy. I may want to add a subwoofer later depending on how full range the speakers are. My listening room is 14x16' & I listen to a variety of music. I don't really want to spend more than $2K on speakers, but there is some flexibility in the budget. Also, does Rotel make a good DVD player, as I have not purchased one yet. Thanks in advance, Michael
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I would recommend anything from B&W out of the 600, 700, or 800 series.

G
    :grab:

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

B&W, Energy, Kef, Paradigm, Polk, PSB, Totem, Vienna Acoustics....

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• nyny
        • Jul 2004

Number9>>> Welcome, I see that you found Club Rotel alright (that was my reply in the other forum :T ). I am currently using B&W 705s with RCD-1072. The 705s sounds really good with 1072, but I am thinking about upgrading to the 703s to improve bass...hehe.
        Tony

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

b&w has my vote. It is my opinion that rotel amps are great for 700 series and lower, but not so great for nautilus (800) speakers.

I'd recommend that you locate your local dealer and try and demo the pieces you are interested. 2000$ might be a little low for 700 series, especially the floor standers. I would also be inclined to say that 703's would probably best fit your listening situation, because of the FST mid; however, it does exceed your budget.

best of luck and keep us posted.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Miroku
            • Jul 2004

I'd hunt down a used pair of CDM 9 NTs. one of B&Ws best speakers for the $. You can find them regularly on Audiogon for pretty cheap.

Comment

• Number9
              • Aug 2004

Thank you very much nyny (nt)

Comment

• Number9
                • Aug 2004

Is this site connected to Audioholics? (nt)

Comment

• Number9
                  • Aug 2004

I have PSB Image 5T speakers...

I bought them BEFORE The Absolute Sound recommended them. Do you think that they would work well with the RCD-1072 CD player? I'm doing a system upgrade & I thought that they would be inferior to the Rotel components. Also, do any of you have a Rotel DVD player? If so, do you like it or should I look elsewhere? Thanks to all of you, Michael
                  Last edited by Number9; 27 August 2004, 09:09 Friday. Reason: typo

Comment

• Number9
                    • Aug 2004

Hi aud19. See my post below about PSB speakers...

Originally posted by aud19
                    B&W, Energy, Kef, Paradigm, Polk, PSB, Totem, Vienna Acoustics....

Jason

Comment

• Number9
                      • Aug 2004

Well I guess that did'nt work (nt) ...

Please be patient with me, sometimes I don't know how to navigate in these forums. I am very grateful for everyone's input. Michael

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

I'm not familiar with that particular model but at the very least if you like the PSB's sound but want to move up, buy some of their better models and move your current set to the rear for surrounds. PSB makes very good and neutral speakers, nothing wrong with sticking with them

Jason
                        Jason

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"