X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PiDD
    • Aug 2003

1098 Function knob goes crazy

For all you 1098 owners...

How is your function knob acting. Mine seems to have a mind of its own. I can understand that sometimes it wont lock onto the next choice with one click. Sometimes it doesnt move at all, other times it moves two places. It also moves around on a press. It's driving me mad!

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PiDD
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I have only had my 1098 for two weeks but I haven't noticed anything strange in any of its operation. Have you spoken to your dealer?

How old is your 1098 and has this problem just started?

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

Its brand new .. well almost it's two weeks old.

I had a demo unit before this one and it was worse. Kinda maddening to nav the menu with it. I try to use the remote as much as possible but the function knob should work flawlessly at this level of gear?? right?

Comment

• GosonFletchy
        • May 2004

I have noticed that the 1098 knob is sensitive, but if you slow down with the controls and don't be rough, it should be working fine. I have not had any problems like you have with the 1098s that I have messed with.

G.
        :grab:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I believe mines alright but to be honest I think I've only used it a few times since I got it...I use my pronto all the time. If its really loose I'd do an exchange if possible

Comment

• PiDD
            • Aug 2003

hhm let me slow down on it... I know I do crank it a bit to fly to the next menu item.

The knob itself isnt loose. its tight in the socket. But it's really all over in the menu selections??

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Indeed the function knob on the 1098 is very sensitive, I've have learned to use my fingertips and very slow movements, especially if you heavy handed like myself. However like Andrew, I utilize my remote for most of my adjusting.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Electra
                • Jun 2004

Hello

The knob is very sensitive. I have to take it very slow at my knob to, or else it`s running wilde. I thought it was a problem in the start fore me to, but I learnd to take it easy. :wink:
                Regards from Norway.
                Stian

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

The knob is very sensitive. I have to take it very slow at my knob to, or else it`s running wilde. I thought it was a problem in the start fore me to, but I learnd to take it easy.
                  Are we still talking about the 1098? :E

Comment

• Zzap
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                    Good one! :rofl:
                    /John

Comment

• Electra
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                      Yes we do Andrew. :wink:
                      Regards from Norway.
                      Stian

Comment

• PiDD
                        • Aug 2003

We are talking about the 1098 but great advice for a few different avenues of life.

Comment

• Harl
                          • Jul 2002

1098 function knob prob?

I have had my1098 since it first was released (many months now). I have just recently noticed that my function knob is not working reliably anymore. When I go to change inputs more often than not, it will not click to the next input in the sequence, instead it skips inputs and you need to "scroll" around to get the the one you want. It also seems to be doing this when trying to use the knob to change the display status of the TFT, etc. Again, it just started acting up very recently after many months of perfect operation.

Comment

• PiDD
                            • Aug 2003

You know, I have been gentle with the control and my 1098 is only weeks old and I get the same symptoms. It almost seems like one click of the knobs is 3/4 of the function.... That is one click sometimes doesnt get me there but two may go past. Sometimes just touching it (no clicks) and it skips 3 spots??

Any ideas on a fix? Maybe three clicks moves one spot?

Comment

• dermie999
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PiDD
                              You know, I have been gentle with the control and my 1098 is only weeks old and I get the same symptoms. It almost seems like one click of the knobs is 3/4 of the function.... That is one click sometimes doesnt get me there but two may go past. Sometimes just touching it (no clicks) and it skips 3 spots??

Any ideas on a fix? Maybe three clicks moves one spot?
                              Maybe its time to talk to your dealer - your unit could be faulty. Until the weekend I hadn't used the function knob much. Remembering this post I gave it a try and whilst the function knob was sensitive (calm down Andrew we are talking about the FUNCTION knob) it was controllable and predictable (also Andrew still talking about the function knob).

Trevor

Comment

• PiDD
                                • Aug 2003

I will give the dealer a shout.

I wanted to gather up some facts first because my unit and the demo I had did this. I thought it was just a 1098 'feature'. But it sounds like there are perfectly functioning function knobs.

I can just hear Andrew giggle everytime he reads 'knob' :rofl:

Thanks for all the replies.

Rob

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                                  • May 2004

I have a great fix for all of these "knob" issues. Use the remote :uhoh:

G.

:grab:

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"