X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan_MF
    • Apr 2003

RSX-1055 and RR-1050 remote - trouble accessing sys config

I'm having troubles accessing the System Configuration menus with the RR-1050 remote that shipped with my RSX-1055. I'd like to get in there to turn off the LFE. The "Enter", "Menu" and "OSD" functions do not do anything. The only video output I can get is the System Status screen at startup and Master Volume when in use. I've followed the instructions that came with the RSX-1055 and nothing is responding.

Help?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I'm pretty sure the 1050 is very much like the 969.. That said, you do hit the AUD button at the top before you try to use the menu commands correct?

Kevin D.

Comment

• shuang1234
      • Apr 2003

I had a similar problem with the RR-969. Try resetting the remote to its factory default setting. It should describe this in the remote's manual.

Comment

• Bowman
        • Apr 2003

Which Video output are you using?

The only ones that work are Composite and S-Video with no other Video connections made.

Mark L

Comment

• shuang1234
          • Apr 2003

I own an HDTV and do most of my viewing via the component video inputs. The menu doesn't display on the Rotel's component video output. I run a composite video cable to a spare input on the HDTV (MENU_INPUT). I explicitly set the HDTV input to MENU_INPUT so that I can see the remote's menu.

BTW: It is best to run your video outputs directly to the TV instead of through the Rotel unit. Video noise can affect audio quality. Really expensive equipment like Mark Levinson has two boxes for the pre/pro, one for audio and one for video. I use a good remote the Home Theater Master MX-500 to make switching components very easy, due to its very powerful macro facilities.

Comment

• kendrid
            • Dec 2002

When you press the menu button, do you see the 'menu' light on the recevier's LCD? (it is above the speaker configuration). If not, your remote isn't in the correct 'mode'. I had this issue for a few minutes when I first got my unit. The remote is a pain... Prontos are great..

------
            Kevin
            ------
            Kevin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"