X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

1098 volume shuts off after about 15 min

anybody having trouble with the 1098 volume just shutting off after about 15 min. trying to re install ver 2.1.2 to see if it helps.
  • Howie
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by MICHAEL STRO
    anybody having trouble with the 1098 volume just shutting off after about 15 min. trying to re install ver 2.1.2 to see if it helps.
    Are you using the 1098 triggers to start up your amps? I have that problem, and was told by Rotel that it is a known problem on some 1098s - a faulty trigger relay will cause the amps to shut down. I was told that I could send mine in for service (no charge), but I haven't wanted to box it up and part with it for the time it will take to make the relay switch. I just resorted to manually turning my amps on and off - it's not that big of a deal.
    Howie

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
      • Oct 2003

updated to new ver

i did the new update (#$$#$%$** 5 tries) finally the sound stays on now try it out. and i do use the remote turn on :T

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mine had the amp trigger issue but as mentioned Rotel has a fix for it if your's exhibits this bug...other then that when something shuts down after a period of time heat could be the problem if its not vented properly.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
          • Oct 2003

Still No Sound

brought the 1098 in today for a fix. :cry: will they automatically do upgrades or do you have to request them. anybody know the turnover time from rotel ?

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
            • Oct 2003

Rotel Is Sending A New 1098

my dealer said rotel has had some problems with no sound at times and rotel is going to send a new unit because it's easier to send a new one than to fix it.I guess its a internal board thats hard to fix.

Comment

• Blazar
              • Feb 2004

My 1098 is in for a similar problem where the unit simply blanks out from time to time. This has nothing to do with the 12v amp connection. The processor simply quits while the analog direct inputs are the only inputs that work.

I have sent my unit back to Rotel for this intermittent problem and I hope to God they can reproduce it... if they mail it back after 2 weeks and tell me they couldn't, It's going to be really irritating.
              Blazar!
              (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Have faith Blazar, I'm sure Rotel will hold up their end.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                  • Oct 2003

Recieved New 1098 Today

well i just picked up the replacement 1098,It is up to ver 3.1 don't know all the changes yet. :T

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"