X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

Rsp-1066 Settings?

New to this forum but have been a long time reader.I have a question concerning the speaker settings menu in the 1066,what happens when you set all the speakers to large and sub to max?The reason i ask is i use a outlaw icbm for all bass management between the 1066 and my amps and am concerned about double filtering here.Should i set the sub to yes or max?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Max sends a copy of bass to both the mains and sub. Not what you want for "faithfull reproduction" but if your a bass fiend.... Otherwise set the sub to yes.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• RACER4551
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info aud19,so in other words the max setting would also be filtering bass? So would this be considered double bass? Sounds like it would be.Anyone else using the icbm this way? if so would be interested in hearing how you have it setup.

Comment

• Robert
        • Jan 2004

Two questions that come to mind are whether you've made the "bass management" fix, and where you have positioned the ICBM. The "bass management" fix refers to the transistor cut that prevents the so-called bass doubling effect. For multi-channel signal control, the ICBM can be placed between the source (i.e., dvd/sacd player) and the preamp, or between the preamp and amplifier(s). Assuming the bass management fix, placing the ICBM between the preamp and amplifier(s) extends its function to all sources.

You should actually experiment with various settings on both the ICBM and RSP-1066, and trust your own ears. On the ICBM, my front and center speakers are set to 60 hz with rears speakers set to 80 hz. On the RSP-1066, the subwoofer is set to "yes," the front speakers set to "large," and center and rear speakers set to "small." Results will vary by equipment (chiefly, speakers and source) and by individual sonic preferences.

Comment

• RACER4551
          • Apr 2004

Yes i have performed the resister mod. and i have the icbm placed in between the 1066 and my amps.To set the 1066 speakers to other than large and sub to yes,wouldnt that be double filtering.Right now i have the 1066 speaker settings to all large and sub to yesI have the dvd player set to all speakers large sub on.I have the icbm front crossover's set to 60 for the mains and 80 for all the others.I am still experamenting because performing a freq. sweep i have a big dip in spl between the freq's of 75htz and 56.2htz that i am trying to smooth over.At and between these freq's the spl is on an average 10 to 12 db's lower than the rest of the curve.My equipment consists of rotel 1066,denon 2200 dvd player,polk audio lsi 15's for the mains,lsic center,and lsifx's for the side surrounds,polk rti6's for the rear surrounds.I am using a carver m4.0t silver 7 amp for the mains and a adcom gfa7000 5 channel amp for the other speakers.NOTE:I AM LOOKING FOR A DEAL ON A 1095 AMP AND A 1080 OR 1090AMP TO REPLACE THE AMPS I HAVE NOW.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"