X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahdnc
    • Aug 2004

Just bought a used RMB-1075

I just bought a used RMB-1075 for $700. I am planning to use my RSX-965 as the preamp for this amplifier which will power my B&W 704 fronts, HTM7 center, and 705 surrounds (no sub yet). This will hold me over until I buy a real pre/pro sometime in the future (1-2 yrs away). Atypically for me this amp was an impulse purchase and now I am trying to figure out the connection details which is why I have come to this board:

1. Interconnect between the amp preout and the RSX-965

Am I better off connecting the two via a DB-25 to DB-25 cable, RCA (out) to DB-25 cable, or an RCA to RCA cable? I like the DB-25 connection because of its simplicity but is there a sacrifice in performance? Also my next pre/pro may not even have the DB-25 connection. Any recommendation on specific make/model of cables?

2. Turning on the amp via a remote

I do not believe that the RSX-965 has a 12v trigger which would allow me to turn the amp on and off with. So what are my options for turning on the amp remotely to keep my wife happy?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. This board is great and I have learned so much from just lurking......
  • rich0372
    • Jul 2004

first off welcome to the forum I can help with question # two does your pre-pro have an outlet if it does you can do what i did. I turn my rmb 1080 on with a montser power center you plug your amp into the power center and then you plug the remote turn on into the plug on the pre-pro you also can delay start-up so everything does not turn on the same time.
    As for question # one there is a lot of knowledgable people in this forum that will be able to help
    Rich

Comment

• ssavoy23
      • Aug 2004

where did u get such a great deal on the amp? i'm looking for one now and there is someone on audiogon selling one for $770 w/o any actual pics and another dude selling one for $800...do you think that i should wait for a better deal to come along?

steve
      rsp-1066
      rb-1050
      rdv-1050
      panasonic hdtv 34" widescreen
      monster interconnects

Comment

• rich0372
        • Jul 2004

My dealer will sell me one for $850 brand new the msrp is $1000 usually dealer will take 10-15% off the price so for a used amp would have to be at least $700 to be worth it now if you don't have any dealers in your location $800 isn't so bad Rich

Comment

• mahdnc
          • Aug 2004

I ended up buying the one on Audiogon that was listed for $770 + shipping. Because I lived in the area where the unit was for sale, I offered $700 cash and immediate pickup which the seller agreed to. I think the convenience for the seller of getting it over with now, having cash in hand (vs money order), and not having to package it and ship it was attractive enough to accept it.

I agree with the previous post, my thinking was that my local Rotel rep would mark the price down 10% but the sales tax here is something like 8.5% which pretty much brings it right back up to the MSRP ($1000) so I was not willing to pay more than $700 for a used unit taken as-is with no transferable warranty....

I read on these boards that someone bought one on Audiogon for $610 (presumably plus shipping) which made me think that what I got was a reasonably good (but not great) deal. Although they seem to go for $800 on eBay because of pretty high demand.

Comment

• Drew_W
            • Dec 2003

You can probably get one new for not much more than $800-850, with MSRP at $999.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"