X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy_Steb
    • Aug 2004

rsp-1068 firmware ver.

I recieved my 1068 about two weeks ago. Great pre/pro, easy to set up. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I do have a question on the firmware. I understand v1.1.7 is the latest. On Rotels website they list updates going from v1.1.5 straight to v.1.17
    I have v1.1.6 does anyone know what changes were made to v1.1.6 to come up with v1.1.7 and why v.1.1.6 isn't listed on there site.

Like I said before my unit works great. I don't want to go through the hassle of flashing if it only fixes something stupid.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You won't see 1.16 b/c 1.17 includes all the updates made available with 1.16 meaning that you can just jump up to the current version and be done with it.

Comment

• Andy_Steb
      • Aug 2004

Andrew, glad to see you back.

I didn't know here was a v1.1.6b and v1.1.6c. I'm just glad to hear there was a v1.1.6( my ver.)

At the moment I'm pretty happy and will wait for v1.1.8

Comment

• bwa
        • Mar 2004

So, Andrew... I recall some writing before the summer (in Europe..) about new bass management for my RSP-1068. Is there anything news about this?. I'm one of these users that plays music AND movies on the same unit, and suffers from not having the ability to have two different subwoofer settings for music and movies.

I read the wishlist and didi see my with at position #1 in the list.

An another neat feature would be Zone2 as a copy for selected sources with the same volume as master. This would fix much of my bassmanagement issues.
        My cinema: http://www.bwa.no

Comment

• bwa
          • Mar 2004

Anything news about this?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

No updates yet on that issue. For the different bass settings couldn't you route two seperate cables to two different inputs (video 1 and Cd for example) to get what you need.

Comment

• bwa
              • Mar 2004

I don't think so. I want to use digital input from both music and movie. In order to use that I need proper configuration options in the setup. Which is not here (..yet?)

If I want to use analog input for music, it's a option, but the bassmanagement is lost. My subwoofer (JMLab SW900) has both HT input and stereo-input. The stereo input has crossover settings, so if I connected the zone2 output to the stereo input and configured the zsone2 source to only CD I could have it all. But the volume adjustment is needed to be configurable to be a slave to master. This should not be very hard to program in a future software release ?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"