X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobR
    • Aug 2004

Any new models coming?

I love how Rotels sound w/ B&Ws but I find them lacking in the newer features, are new Rotels coming out soon?
  • DrBoom
    • Dec 2003

What features exactly do you find lacking ?
    I can't imagine my 1098 lacking any features, it's in fact one of the more feature-rich processors on the market.
    Unless you want gimmicks like auto-setup and stuff like you find on mass market receivers.
    Or perhaps you want DVI, HDMI and I-link inputs ?

I doubt Rotel will be releasing anything new in the coming year, the oldest product in their HT line up would be the 1098 which is pretty upgradable as it is.
    The receivers have been updated very recently, so no new models expected there either.

Comment

• lmib
      • Jul 2004

SACD ?
      lmib

Comment

• RobR
        • Aug 2004

Yep, gimme all the gimmicks, gadgets and do-dads. Plus the real stuff like the inputs, HDMI / DVI / iLink. It's important to know you can keep up with the times when investing that kind of cash. The TV set I plan to buy already has the HDMI input, would love a receiver that can switch between all those different type of inputs. When you're in the A/V market, it shouldn't be considered extras, but necessities. If it was pure audio, Ok, maybe they can afford to sell the "purist" platform... otherwise, pony up.

Comment

• RobR
          • Aug 2004

By the way, the reason for the me asking is cause I'm dead set to buy some B&Ws... but I just wish Rotel was a tad caught up. And, yeah, what about SACD?

Comment

• benxx
            • Aug 2004

Well. I wish 1056 has DVI/HDMI switeches as well since my HLP5063 has both of them. But anyway, shouldn't be too big a problem to find a remote controlled DVI switech in the future.

I am not so sure about SACD though. 1056 claims to do HDCD decoding. Not sure if I can just buy a sony or samsung DVD player with 720p upconversion and DVI output and use it to play SACD and DVD-A via optical link to 1056.

Comment

• Adrian Smith
              • Jun 2004

I was all ready to pick up one of the Rotel DVD players but I do want the extra format, I have a few friends with great music collections, each of us with over 500 cd's/ SACD's plus DVD's, we constantly borrow each others stuff, so far I am leaning towards one of the Denon universal players.

Comment

• benxx
                • Aug 2004

Well. I don't think the rotel DVD player has DVI output.It does make a noticeable difference than analoge connection.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"