X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobR
    • Aug 2004

HK 2005 -vs- 7300

Anybody have experience with either or of these models? Both models have their pluses in my book, just looking for a reason to tilt either way. Any advice?

Also, anybody use an HK receiver with B&W speakers? (I'll post there too...) maybe that question alone will send me in the right direction, I'm pretty solid about getting B&W speakers. I know most go with Rotel, but I find them lacking in features... Sound really that better with Rotel when using B&Ws? Dang, maybe that's three posts now...
  • Youzer
    • Aug 2004

Curious

I too am curious how the 2005 and the 7300 stack up against each other.....I know somebody knows....HOOK US UP.

Thank you.

Comment

• Dr. Doug
      • Dec 2004

Harmon Kardon stuff.

do you know anything about the Harmon Kardon Citation model 25 remote preamplifier? Is it sollid state? Any good? When were they manufactured? Let me know by email at "dshearer2001us@yahoo.com" Thanks! Dr. Doug

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Actually, the forum looks for participation Dr. Doug, not hit and run questions with email answer requests. Please participate here, or in the future ask your questions elsewhere. We really don't want to see the forum become an email Q and A.

Doug
        Owner
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Youzer
          • Aug 2004

Let's not let Dr. Doug end this post....I am still looking for opionions on the HK 7300!

Comment

• Duke of Timber
            • Mar 2005

I'm looking closely at the 7300, denon 3805 (5805 if I can justify the leap), yamaha 2500 (RX-z9 same as the 5803/5).

The 7300 looks like a hell of a deal compared to other "flagships". Sound and vison were very pro 7300

Sound & Vision covers everything in consumer electronics. Flat panel HDTV, 4K Ultra, video projectors, surround sound, speakers, and more.

I go back and forth. I have a mid size (15X15') room. 5 Boston Bravos and a velodyne 3750 sub woofer currently powered by a Denon 1802. I plan to move the 1802 into my 3rd zone to power two Vienna Acoustics Mozarts (6ohms).

Comment

• Kevin Allan
              • Mar 2005

Hi RobR,

I can only say that I've had many opportunies to listen, and see, how the functions work on the HK 7300. I can vouch for the power and delivery of the music (2 chnl) or HT 5 channel sound of this unit. Either way it's a nice unit, but costly. I have had HK models for some time and am concidering at this time a move to separates in the Rotel line.

As I am only able to comment on this one model for you it would be unfair to say how it stacks up to the other model(s) you may be concidering, but I will give HK my definate approval for any task.

Kevin

Comment

• ausmatt
                • Jun 2005

Theres a fair bit of difference between the AVR7300 and the DPR 2005. The main difference is the signal path to the amps, 2005 uses a digital path between digital input and amplifier whereas avr7300 uses dac much earlier in the path allowing for interference in the signal.
                However the AVR7300 gets far more fruit than the 2005, faroudja video processing and upscaling which is completely customisable for each video input (pretty rare for a reciever of its price) and also far more AV connections.
                As far as sound quality is concerned, the 2005 is really clean but really lacks the grunt of the 7300 (110w @ 75amps).
                Hope that helps a bit

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"