X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rofafor
    • Jul 2004

RSP-1068 standby mode & optical input glitches

I upgraded my hifi gears to Rotels in June. The RSP-1068 was an obvious choice and tested it with RMB-1075 amp too. However the RMB-1075 and my speaker setup (Amphion Argon 2) didn't bring the same feel of sensation as Genelec active speakers, so my RSP-1068 is now connected to a nice set of Genelec HT206B. I must be the only active speaker fan here - shame on you!

These HT-series speakers have a nice autostart feature, that switches the speaker on/standby, if any signal is detected or not. It's working very nicely, but if the RSP-1068 is on standby mode, the active devices connected into its optical inputs (xbox, set-top-box) do wake those speakers up. If I shut the RSP-1068 completely off (the switch on backplate), the speakers stay in standby as they should be.

So the optical inputs must be leaking signal into preout connectors in Rotel's standby mode. I've been a bit lazy and haven't checked the exact behaviour of preouts with oscilloscope yet - nor I have consulted my Rotel dealer/distributor about the matter. Before I'll do that it would be nice to know, if this is already known feature or is my unit just defect? Is it a plain software problem (like some essential components aren't driven into powersave mode) with a correction in next firmware release or is there a bug in Rotel's hardware design?

Otherwise I've been very pleased with my RSP-1068. Well, a firewire/i.link input and balanced preouts would be nice additions
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"