X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpossum
    • Jan 2003

DTS NEO 6

Just wondering if anyone uses this mode on the 1066. I can't find any situation where it sounds good. It's not as good as PCM if the disk is half decently recorded. If it's a bad disk, I find that Prologic 2 helps out.

Has anyone found a use for NEO 6?
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

You could use it for breaking in new speakers when you're not in the room??

Comment

• hanser
      • May 2002

I like to use DTS Neo in Music mode for mono soundtracks, since it spreads the center channel information over the entire front: left, center and right. In principle it seems to duplicate the mono sound and put it in the left and right channel, too.

Comment

• JKohn
        • Jun 2002

NEO6 seems to use more agressive steering than ProLogic 2. Occasionally the result is good, but sometimes it just doesn't sound right, so I prefer ProLogic 2 for 2-channel TV viewing.

For music, NEO6 sounds "thin" to me, although for some classical recordings it provides some nice ambience. On the other hand PrLogic 2 seems to add some mid-bass bloat. That's why I generally stick to stereo for 2-channel music.

Jeff Kohn
        Jeff Kohn
        http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"