X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rich0372
    • Jul 2004

Amp Match

Hey guys is there any problem using different brand amps I have a rmb1080 for mains and could possibly get a good deal on a Acurus A200x3 will they sound different? I want to keep the 1080 for the mains but then the front 3 channels won't match Also does anyone have an Acurus just wondering how they sound??

thanks Rich
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Rich1072,

They sold these really cheap here in Australia last year - Kilpsch bought the brand and stopped making them last year (focusing on Aragon instead). I listenned last year to the Acurus A200x3 and found it not as much to my likeing as the Rotel - so I bought the RB-1080. Lots of muscle but not as clean and transparent... A pity as Acurus used be be a really top brand 10 years ago but just became run down through several changes of management / ownership.

But I was listening for front centre, and left and right for stereo quality.... This difference was enough for stereo that I paid the extra for the RB-1080. For surrounds - they should be fine if the price is right..

Bottom line is thy are cheap Watts of reasonable quality - listen first, or get them on a return basis...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"