X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Bi-amping Pr@ style

Ok so now that I've got the Samson S1 powering my IB sub I had two free channels on the HK power amp not doing anything so I did some swapping around and moved the side speakers onto the HK so that I had two extra channels available on the Rotel 1075 amplifer. I then purchased two of these Y adapters from Radio Shack and proceeded to use two SilverCat interconnects per speaker to wire them up. I shouldn't loose any fidelity wireing them up this way as apposed to the cheaper Y adpaters you more commonly see and I had a pair of silvercat IC's in my parts box not being used anyway:yesnod:

I really haven't given the system a good work out just yet with the new arrangement but initial impressions are possitive. I'll try and report back if I hear any real differences later but given I had the amp channels available anyway I might as well use them...and besides it'll delay my thirst for the 1080 power amp :W
  • PiDD
    • Aug 2003

I have tried those Radio Shack Y-adadpters.. they work great. I used them to hook the outs of the HT to the stereo upstairs. Now the entire house has to rock to my tunes!

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Excellent Andrew! :T I'll have to pick up a set of those for my 2 extra channels as well.
      Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

They aren't that expensive either at $8.99 cdn each...the el cheapo's are $6.99 so its an easy choice to step up to the much higher quality ones...like most decent RS RCA cables though they bite hard..which is good to a point but be carefull when you remove them.

I used them to hook the outs of the HT to the stereo upstairs. Now the entire house has to rock to my tunes!
        You'll love the Zone 2 opperation of the 1098 then :W

Comment

• PiDD
          • Aug 2003

Another tick in the 1098 column!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"