Clear All
  • kuon
    • May 2011

Powering three channels

Hello,

I'm about to buy the following combo:

RSP-1570 + RB-1582 + CM9

for stereo.

Now, this winter (early next year), I will be able to afford a pair of cm8 and a cm center.

What I am wondering, is what would be the best combo to power these.

I know I could buy a 5 channels amp instead of the stereo one, but after listening to the RB-1582 vs RMB-1565 ( I cannot afford the RMB-1575 now), I found the 1582 superior.

So I'm left with 3 channels to power. What would be the best combo to power these? Due to the room configuration, I cannot add side speakers for 7.1, but I'm open to any other suggestion (like adding front wide, or biamping or replacing the cm center with 2 cm1 or anything really).

Thanks a lot.
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kuon
    Hello,

I'm about to buy the following combo:

RSP-1570 + RB-1582 + CM9

for stereo.

Now, this winter (early next year), I will be able to afford a pair of cm8 and a cm center.

What I am wondering, is what would be the best combo to power these.

I know I could buy a 5 channels amp instead of the stereo one, but after listening to the RB-1582 vs RMB-1565 ( I cannot afford the RMB-1575 now), I found the 1582 superior.

So I'm left with 3 channels to power. What would be the best combo to power these? Due to the room configuration, I cannot add side speakers for 7.1, but I'm open to any other suggestion (like adding front wide, or biamping or replacing the cm center with 2 cm1 or anything really).

Thanks a lot.
    Im doing like this.. My front 803s are powered with Krell FPB-300C, rears 805s with Rotel RB-1080 and HTM3 with one channel of another RB-1080 (im swapping channel every 3-4 months.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• kuon
      • May 2011

So, one unused channel?

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kuon
        So, one unused channel?

I made experiments and at the end i found that sounding better if i use just one channel instead of biamping of my center channel (also depend what kind of processor u use. If i had double center preout on my DENOn 3808 i'll maybe use biamping. When i tried using Y adapter (which i needed for biamping) i prefer the sound without Y adapter and using just one channel). I also tried with RB-1070, but RB-1080 is way above the RB-1080 so i sold RB-1070 when i got Krell.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• gp4Jesus
          • Jan 2010

if ya don't mind used Rotel made a pretty decent 3 channel amp, the RB993

Samsung 60" LED
          Outlaw Audio 976
          Samsung BDP, Dish Network

BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
          Canare 14 ga - LCR inside; CC outside
          LR: RTi A7 Triamped
          M & T: Rotel RB-981
          Bass: Rotel RB-980BX ->8ga in & out

CC: Rotel RB981 -> CSi A6 Bi-amped
          SW: LFE - Sunfire; Audio Pro Evidence @ each corner
          Surrounds: Rotel RB981 -> RTi A3
          Power Conditioning & Distribution: APC H15, 4 Furman Miniport 20s; 3 dedicated 20A feeds

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

Emotiva has some great amps, I have their XPA-5 and it's solid as a rock. They make a 3 channel amp, the XPA-3, here: http://www.emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm
            -Chuck

Comment

• kuon
              • May 2011

Silly question, what about a passive subwoofer? Also, why are the emotiva so cheap?

Thanks for all the great info!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"