X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resperc
    • May 2004

New RMB1075 - On, Off, or 12Volt?

I just purchased my first seperates (1068/1075). I will be hooking them up within the week. Since I have no experience with seperates I will ask these simple questions. Should I leave the amp on all the time, power it on each time I use it, or use the 12 volt trigger to power it up? Is it bad to leave an amp powered up all the time? Are there any things I should consider before I decide how to hook this stuff up? I just need a little advice. Thanks, resperc
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

It has been said that it is more stressfull on electronics to be turned on and off frequently. I believe this is somewhat of a holdover from the days of vacuum tubes, where having the tubes heat up and cool off often would be harmful to the glass enclosing them. I think that turning a SS amp on and off will not harm it unless done very frequently, and I'm not even sure what too frequently would be, if any.

I for one turn my amps on and off with the 12v trigger. Usually that only occurs once a day as my system is on whenever I am home and off while I am at work.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

I leave all my gear on all the time. Simply due to the fact that the equipment sound better when it is "warm".

Naturally I switch off when traveling etc..

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I use the 12 volt triggers on both my amps...its simple and works like a charm

Comment

• DrBoom
          • Dec 2003

Yup, I use the 12V trigger too.
          I hate wasting perfectly good power for nothing by leaving it on when not in use, but I'm too lazy to turn it on manually every time, so 12V trigger it is ! 8)

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

Hi,

I use the 12V trigger on my RBM-1075 and have never had a problem with fuses etc. Several friends do as well. It's only the RB-1080 (and I think some peoples RB-1090's) that very very rarely has this problem in certain configuraitons... So trigger awayt with confidence.

Geoff

Comment

• resperc
              • May 2004

Thanks for all of the info. resperc

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"