X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa
    • Apr 2003

Bi-Amping

Hi,

I hace recently purchased the RSX1055 and was wondering about bi-amping to my speakers.

My speakers are Krix Lyrix ( Aussie speakers) and are rated at 89db into 4 ohms. They are a twin bass driver and a soft dome tweeter. Would you recommend biamping?
    Someone also yold me that direct bare wire connections to the terminals were better than banana posts. Would you agree or should i purchase banana posts?

Must Kill All Humans
    Must Kill All Humans
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Bi amping can provide some benefits on larger speakers like yours so I'd say its worth borrowing an amp to see if those benefits are worth the cost to you. As far as banana plugs go the advantage they have is that its very easy to remove the wires if you move the speakers etc. The sound quality should be the same either way but it really boils down to getting a solid connection to the wire so it doesn't matter if that occurs to the binding post or to a banana plug....I use banana's on all my speakers since its easier for me

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"