X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

Major Dillema!!

Hi guys this is my first post here, but I really needed to ask this question.
    I came home the other day with a new RSX 1055. I didn't really intend to, but it was such a good deal I couldn't refuse. Anyway all excited and also expecting a tthrashing from the boss (wife), to my absolute astonishment she proceeded to say, Is that the one you really wanted? If you the other one, (meaning 1066/1075 combo), I will pay the difference.
    Anyway after I got up off the floor, my next question was why the hell didn't you tell me that before. All she said was I knoe What you are like!!
    So there is my dillema,
    Do I return this unit and play with the big boys, Or do I stay humble and maybe get the 1075 later and the 1055 as a pre amp.
    PLEASE Help.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Farbs,

1) Play with the "big boys" as you put it and get the RSP-1068 and RMB-1075. The extra flexibility and sound quality is worth it....

2) Marry her (if you haven't already)

Note - I am assuming the reference to the RSP-1066 was a mistake since - outside of a few "end of model" units - they are superceded by the significantly better RSP-1068... If not - let me recommend it - a small ($100-200) increase in price for a even better sound and all the latest sound processing for ProLogic IIx ....

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 30 June 2004, 11:01 Wednesday.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

I see you're post says RSP-1066/ RMB-1075 combo. I have read that the 1066 and the RSX-1055 you have are very similar with the exception of the on board amplification in you're reciever. I currently run the RSX-1055/ RMB-1075, and find this to be a very good combination with klipsch RF series speakers. (I am hours away from getting an RB-991 because there is no such thing as enough), but again the combo you mention, the one I am using is hard to beat for sound quality, volume, processing....BTW, I am with Geoff, Marry Her..

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Ditto, 1068 and 1075 (if you can swing it) and get that girl a ring with any other budget you can save over the next few months! 8O

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• farbs
          • Jun 2004

Thanks for the reply guys,
          It is the RSP 1066 combo, the last one left, and I can get it for the same price as the what I have now 1055.
          If I decide to go The power amp 1075 will I notice much difference using the 1055 as a processor as opposed to the RSX 1066.
          I do like the features of the 1055 such as built in tuner, built in amp.
          It lets me upgrade other components before I get the Amp.
          But then again the pre/pro combo is mighty sexy!!!!
          By the way I made sure I bought the most shiny, sparkly ring I could find before I bought the rotel :T

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

So that's why she's so agreeable :lol: Mystery solved guys! :rofl:

That's a tough call... so many variables...

I say go for it if you can get a really good deal on the 1066/1075, especially if she's paying the difference! You can always upgrade with a 1080 later if you feel the need to be bad, plus it's a better upgrade path if you decide to get a new pre/pro in a couple years. You won't have to buy new amps at the same time!

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• farbs
              • Jun 2004

Well I am going to into the store and listen to bothe models with the same power amp and see if I can notice a difference.
              Then I will be able to make up my mind for sure, but I think I am leaning towards sticking with the 1055. It looks chunky.

Comment

• farbs
                • Jun 2004

Hi again,
                Well I went and compared.
                The 1066/1075 and 1055/1075.
                I found very little difference. maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough.
                Anyway does anyone else run the 1055/1075 combo. Let me know what you think.
                Geez I am starting to drive myself crazy

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2003

farbs,

Well now that you have the RSX-1055 and the RMB-1075 then that is a different story...

You are already into separates in that you have an amplified driving the speakers and are just using the RSX-1055 as a pre-processor and Tuner.

From previous experience and lots of old posts in this forum - many people have gone the RSX-1055 as a pre-processor route and enjoyed it. Technically the RSP-1066 is just a little better - but it is the same generation is the RSX-1055 so - if you like it and want to use it as a pre-processor - I say - enjoy for a year or two and then skip a generation and buy the RSP-1068 replacement (whatever that is) in a 18-24 months time...

Geoff

Comment

• farbs
                    • Jun 2004

Hi all and geof,
                    Great to see another Aussie!
                    All in all I am now one happy chappy,
                    I actually don't have the 1075 as yet, but will soon!
                    The extra money is going to go into a pair of rear speakers.
                    I currently have B & W 602 s3 for fronts and lcr60 for centre.
                    I am going in today to get the little 600's.
                    Anyway after plugging the amp into the speakers that I already have it was like WOW. So I have actually already fallen in love with the 1055 and am going to keep IT.
                    The power amp will come, but I am just enjoying what I have for the time being.
                    It was such an improvement from what I had, that I want to experience that again when I get the amp, so I will leave for little while, plus the fact that I want a projector! Another story. When will it all end :B
                    Any way I look forward to sharing stories with yo all!

Comment

• Adrian Smith
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by farbs
                      When will it all end :B
                      It never ends. I am still waiting for my 1098/1075 and have already started checking out dvd players, interconnects, tuners and a new screen for my PJ.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2003

It never ends. I am still waiting for my 1098/1075 and have already started checking out dvd players, interconnects, tuners and a new screen for my PJ.
                        And isn't that half the fun.... arty:

Geoff

Comment

• Adrian Smith
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff

And isn't that half the fun.... arty:

Geoff
                          Yep, but it sure aint cheap.
                          More overtime needed.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"