X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barona
    • Jan 2003

1066, ParadigmPS1200 & Klipsch RF7

Wanted to see if someone could guide me in hooking everything up correctly:

1. connect the 1066 sub1 pre-out to Paradigm PS1200 low level input using a Y-adapter for left/right

2. set both 1066 and PS1200 to crossover frequency at 80hz

I just got the REF-7's for fronts and I'm still tweeking the levels, is there anything I should look to adjusting (crossover frequency)? I know there has been many threads for bass management, I don't own a SACD or DVD-Audio player which I think is the only place I would run into double bass. Will I be all right for regular CD music and DVD movies??
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

First download and install the latest firmware to make sure you've got the bass managment all working properly. (see FAQ thread for details)

2. set both 1066 and PS1200 to crossover frequency at 80hz
    Ideally your subwoofer should have a crossover bypass input which is what you'd plug into...if not turn the sub's crossover as high as it can go so you aren't cascading crossovers (i.e. one on top of the other which can result in a dip in freq response between the mains and the sub)

As far as which crossover point to choose on the Rotel the recomendation I've been using is twice the F3 point of the speaker where F3 equals the point where its frequency response drops by 3 dB. Your speaker manual should have this statistic listed somewhere in the reponse plots for those speakers....generally though you're pretty safe picking 80 hz.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"