• Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

I love your racks. :B

Comment

• Robbson
      • Jun 2004

Hey! My first post and here is my Rotel.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

Hi guys, love all those Rotel gear that u got. I usually prefer the silver face plate look, but there's something about the way Rotel looks in all black, really aggressive looking. Got a question for u guys, are the Rotel gears stackable? I love the way they look stacked up, it looks like a mini tower of power with the teeth sticking out. I'm sure one of you guys tried it, right? Do they sell the faceplates separatly? The reason I ask is that I like the blue LED lights better than the red, but like the all black look. Maybe i can swap a black faceplate for a silver plate for a blue LED w/ black components. Thanks for the pics, it sealed the deal for me, i'm starting out with a 1056 AVR within the next month or so.

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Nice stuff guys!

Blazemaster, it might be easier to just swap out the LEDs with Blue on a black Rotel.
          Bing

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

hey bing....the blue LED is an option on the black rotels?
            I didnt know you can pick the LED lights on it? Can any rotel owners confirm this?

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Blaze,

No, I don't think you can pick your LED color, I was just thinking if you wanted a different color you could swap it out yourself. It would not be hard to do, although it would probably void the warranty :B
              Bing

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

oh ok thanks bing. Did u get my reply to u in the Toshiba thread that u started? Just in case u cant find it, my question to u was regarding the split cabinet design of the Toshiba. Did it come in 2 pieces or 1? If in 2, was it hard to put it together?

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

You like the black and blue, BlazeMaster? :B

Although you probably can in a purely physical sense, I wouldn't stack the gear because of heat dissipation concerns.

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

You'd likey need to rack-mount them leaving appropriate air-space for heat dissipation as will said. I wouldn't stack them on eachother though.

Jason
                    Jason

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                      • May 2004

i know....figures... I just liked the way they look in all black stack ontop of each other....it looks really aggressive...do you guys know of any custom rack or cabinet makers for the rotels?

Comment

• GSamF
                        • Mar 2004

Hey SANDOKAN-

where did you get those beautiful 804 speaker stands and how do they effect the performance?

very curious,
                        Sam

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                          i know....figures... I just liked the way they look in all black stack ontop of each other....it looks really aggressive...do you guys know of any custom rack or cabinet makers for the rotels?
                          Check out this thread .

Jason
                          Jason

Comment

• eelco74
                            • Dec 2002

latest Picture update

Finally finished reorginising my rack.

And the new powercables. Got the of the reel from supradirect.co.uk.

Gonna try some dvd's tonight...
                            Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                            Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                            Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Marcel54
                              • Jan 2004

Here is my Rotel set up .

Marcel

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

Comment

• MattCXII
                                • Feb 2004

Wow Marcel,

I love the clean lines of your system. Very nice indeed.

Matt

Comment

• Marcel54
                                  • Jan 2004

Matt,

Thanks for your kind words. I hate "cable spaghetti" so I spend hours to arrange the cables and let them "disappear". Besides that I spend some time selecting the racks. They are from Creaktiv (a German brand).

Marcel

Comment

• pbarata
                                    • Feb 2003

Hi eelco74,

I guess you are using for power cord the Supra LoRad cable with Supra IEC sockets, but I can't guess which Schuko plug is that?

I'm replacing the Rotel original power cords by Supra, but the Schuko socket is so big, that I'm looking for a more elegant and small alternative around.

Thx
                                    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                                    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2000

eelco, looks nice. How noticable is the sonic difference from your Denon as pre/pro?

Marcel, that is simply beauty and elegance defined... Very nice! :T

Blaze, yes, I responded in the thread
                                      Bing

Comment

• ti33er
                                        • Apr 2004

Well here is my humble pride and joy to date - unfortunately canned the 1075 last week - admittedly it was much prettier than the Black TAG amp :evil:
                                        Attached Files
                                        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Jan 2003

A little outdate.

I've since added another amp ROTEL RMB-1080, a power conditioner/regenerator, and this weekend pulled out the RSP-1066, and put in the RSP-1068 (which really doesn't look any different).

I've got a lot of wire cleanup to do, as well as setting up the RSP-1068 properly. I'll get some new shots soon.

Last edited by Rock Dog; 10 June 2004, 10:09 Thursday.
                                          -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Marcel54
                                            • Jan 2004

Bing,

Thanks for the praise. I can tell you a bit about the difference between Denon and Rotel. Before I bought the Rotel set I owned a Denon AVC-A11SR (7.1 amp, etc.) and the differences are multitude. Better definition of voices, clearer and more highs and lows, better seperation and detail. The result is unbelievable. It costs more but you get more in return than you could expect. So for me it's an amazing benefits to costs ratio.

Marcel

Comment

• SaNdOkAn
                                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GSamF
                                              Hey SANDOKAN-

where did you get those beautiful 804 speaker stands and how do they effect the performance?

very curious,
                                              Sam
                                              Well i bought them from a guy who had them custom made.

The shape is taken from the 805 Nautilus stand and cut out of a pice of marble. Afterwards it was polished.

I guess any gravestone seller could make u some if you have the shape.

Sando

Comment

• eelco74
                                                • Dec 2002

Hi Pbarata,

Actually the IEC hot type is supra's original. I matches nice with the blue Supra cable. I ordered it online in the UK. Got 2 meters of cable and 3 supra blue plugs for less 90 Euro's. Normally a 1 meter complete plug costs the same. I made 3 sets out of it and the connextion to the mains-stip. Its alu shielded.

The black plugs for the wallsocket you see are from the DIY store. They are cheap but effective.

Bing,

The difference is awsome. So mutch more detail. I had wached LOTR Return of the king last wednesday on my Denon. I watched it again Friday on the Rotel. It is stunning so mutch difference. The ambiance is way better, you are in dragged into the centre of sound.

The 5.1 input is awsome, SACD sounds way better.

It still needs some running in, but I am a very happy Rotel custumer.
                                                Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                                Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                                Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• jwakaruk
                                                  • Jun 2004

My System

Stumbled on this forum a few weeks ago and love it. This thread inspired me to join, here's my system.

Sorry if the pic quality is poor, played with the picture awhile to fit the byte size restriction. Thinking of getting the RSP-1068 to replace my Onkyo TX-SV828 reciever which I'm using as the pre.
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2000

jwakaruk, welcome to the Guide!

Nice system, love those B&Ws :T Does the centre channel always sit there? If so, does the sound ever sound of axis from there?

Marcel, thanks, that is a beautiful system you have, and I can only imagine how good it sounds.

Eelco, I suppose my question was more rhetorical than anything :W I just wanted your take on it :lol:

I'm amazed at All the nice rigs that have been posted to this thread :E :E :E :T
                                                    Bing

Comment

• jwakaruk
                                                      • Jun 2004

Bing,
                                                      Great thread.
                                                      I've spent a fair amount of time with positioning of the center channel. Its tough to see in the picture but the center speaker is angled slightly and is pretty much directly facing my listening position. I don't notice any off axis imaging the way it is now. My Sony TV doesn't have any width up top so unless I build a base for it; the traditional television resting spot isn't an option. At the height it is now the tweeter is almost exactly the same height as the vocal sources in most movies and shows. I can notice on some of my buddies systems when the center channel is in the center of the sytem but higher then the TV (and not angled properly) that the sound is a little off.

How do you find the imaging with the speakers the way you have them. I found that with my mains the extra 3 feet apart being on the outside of the component rack that my imaging improved quite a bit. Have you tried it that way?

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • Aug 2000

jwakaruk, Glad to see you're enjoying your time here.. Sounds like you have your system set up as best as you can given the situation... Thats's what it's all about. :T

Yes, about a week after getting the TV I moved the speakers further out and noticed a big improvement in stound stage and spacial sonics. Truth be known, my centre channel speaker isn't symetrical to the mains either. Its closer to the left side, but I don't really notice a difference. I generally have my left speaker further out that in the photo.

I know I don't have any Rotel Gear, but seeing as I started this thread, can I get a reprive? :W (I'm a wanna be...)
                                                        Bing

Comment

• aud19
                                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Aug 2003

Bing, I'll hold off the dogs...

for now....

Jason :B
                                                          Jason

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • Aug 2000

Yup, keep them at bay will ya? :W
                                                            Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                              • Aug 2000

I just joined the club if it's OK with you guys? :fart2:

I just finished upgrading the Firmware just for something to do. It was v2.1.1 :T

I did a trial run on the 1080 Amp in my old system, it's nice and smooth, with a good depth of sound. I wasn't quite sure which path to gop with the amps. At first I was thinking 1095, but I really wanted to try a amp with my set up before I committed. I chose the 1080 for now....
                                                              Bing

Comment

• Claude D D
                                                                • Jan 2003

Atta boy Bing!! :T

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • Aug 2000

Thanks Claude, It was Andrew's fault :assimilate:

I finally got it up and running, Not much else....

Gonna hit the sack :Z
                                                                  Bing

Comment

• aud19
                                                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Aug 2003

Bing!

You didn't even warn us! And the 1098 no less (in black I see : ) and 1080 too! (silver, yay :B ) Congrats buddy! :T

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. What was your reasoning for going with the 1098 over the 1068? Can't wait to hear how it sounds :P I bet you'll be glad to get rid of the audio sync problem too!

Jason
                                                                    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                      • Aug 2000

"What was your reasoning for going with the 1098 over the 1068? "
                                                                      The Devil made him do it :W

Comment

• Claude D D
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2003

Bing,just go for it and get that bad boy 1095 to finish it off.(for now heh, heh)
                                                                        Looks great. :T
                                                                        I just ordered a RSP-1068 to replace my 1066 and will probably get a 1095 this fall if all goes as planned (possible move to new house pending, so some system upgrades are looming on the horizon)

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                          • 6521

Jason, thanks... :T Yeah, Andrew = :twisted:

Talk about your meandering walk just to get rid of the audio sync problems huh?

After playing hands on with the 1066/1098 , I thought I would like the way the 1098 sets up, and the operation aspects of it better over the long term.

I chose the Black Pre/pro, because I like black components. The Amp in Silver is really mostly black, and has that distinctly recognizable from a distance Rotel Look, plus I like the look of the silver consoled Amps.

Claude, either a 1095, more 1080's or a 1090. The options are open :W
                                                                          Congrats on the 1068. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the differences between your 1066.

I'll post my thoughts on the 1098 in another thread, once I've become more familiar with the set up. So far the system sounds very nice.. :T
                                                                          Bing

Comment

• ejfiii
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • May 2003
                                                                            • 87

Here's my rack with one lone Rotel piece.

And the link to my whole setup: http://feulnerdesign.com/ht.html
                                                                            My HT

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2000
                                                                              • 6521

#83
                                                                              Nice! :T Looks like a good collection of equipment!
                                                                              Bing

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2002
                                                                                • 4601

#84
                                                                                Originally posted by ejfiii
                                                                                Here's my rack with one lone Rotel piece.

And the link to my whole setup: http://feulnerdesign.com/ht.html
                                                                                ejfiii,

I know is not exposed in the room, but if you ever wondered, it's real easy to pop the front covers off of most equipment and put the IR emmiters inside... At least get a 1/8" to 1/8" mono cable and plug into the back of the Rotel to clean it up, jeez... Seriously, looks real good. Nice and clean!

Kevin D.

Comment

• ejfiii
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • May 2003
                                                                                  • 87

#85
                                                                                  Thanks guys.

Kevin,

When first setting up the system, I tried the rotel ir input. Problem is that for some reason HTM uses a receiver base that has 1/8 inch connectors for the ir flashers. So for some reason, I couldn't get use an adapater and get 100% reliability that way.

I have since changed even further and totally removed the flashers and have the RF200 base secured to the front of the rack. Looks silly, but works great. Plus, I don't have to mess with flashers as I change equipment which I seem to do a lot lately.

I never thought about popping the covers off, I wonder if its really that easy? Not sure its worth the hassle though for a rack in a closet in a utility room.

E. J.
                                                                                  My HT

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2002
                                                                                    • 4601

#86
                                                                                    Originally posted by ejfiii
                                                                                    Thanks guys.

Kevin,
                                                                                    I have since changed even further and totally removed the flashers and have the RF200 base secured to the front of the rack. Looks silly, but works great. Plus, I don't have to mess with flashers as I change equipment which I seem to do a lot lately.
                                                                                    Cool. I've used the new Pronto RF base station as a IR flood and have had really good luck.

I never thought about popping the covers off, I wonder if its really that easy? Not sure its worth the hassle though for a rack in a closet in a utility room.

E. J.
                                                                                    Look on page one and see my rack. Everything but the 1098 has a flasher inside. The sticky side of the flasher is the low output side, the other side is the high output side (usually too powerful to just stick on the front, that's why most are rounded so you can't). But if you position the high output side towards the front of the faceplate, it will bounce around inside and hit the target pretty effectively. If I didn't change equipment so much I would have put a 1/8" jack on the back of everything, but as of right now the wires just come out the back under the covers..

Kevin D.

Comment

• glangston@socal
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • May 2004
                                                                                      • 77

#87
                                                                                      Simple and wife approved

Just the 1056, a DVD (Panasonic 92) and the HDTV unit from TimeWarner. I've got another room about the same size that could be just music so this is my compromise at the moment. The sub sets behind the love-seat on the right (Hsu-powered) and there is a full 5.1 surround speaker system by Axiom.

The shade behind the TV can be pulled down.

Comment

• Wolfenstein 2k2
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Jun 2004
                                                                                        • 86

#88
                                                                                        My new Rotel stuff

After having waited altogether 5 (!) nerve-racking weeks, my new baby (the RSP-1098 :T) arrived here yesterday. There seems to be a shortage for the 1098 here in Germany as everyone wants to have it in bi-colour. Never mind! Finally, I could complete my new system and start my first listening tests. Incredible :E! No comparison to my former Yamaha stuff.

PS: I added another picture of my Dynaudio Audience 52 STP speakers and 122C center speaker. I use them as front and rear speakers. It´s the Stereoplay Edition that you see and that was released to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the german Stereoplay magazine. In other countries the speaker is simply called Dynaudio Audience 52 SE (special edition) which is indeed the same speaker as mine (the mid/woofer is sourced directly from the venerable Dynaudio model Contour 1.3 mk II, the tweeter is sourced from the new Contour S series).

UPDATE December 2004:
                                                                                        Replaced the Yamaha by the B&W ASW 750 subwoofer.

Last edited by Wolfenstein 2k2; 03 March 2005, 14:25 Thursday.

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                                          • 16706

#89
                                                                                          Very nice :T

By the way, if you'd like to have the pics show up full size in your post just use the web adress of the attachments and edit the body of your text with "[img]" tags around the web adress or use the insert image button in the tool bar

Jason
                                                                                          Jason

Comment

• Wolfenstein 2k2
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Jun 2004
                                                                                            • 86

#90
                                                                                            Thanks Jason :T !

Your suggestion seems to work perfectly. Hm, the pictures in full size are still there although I deleted the attachments (?). Hopefully, the pics will remain on the HTGuide server. Otherwise I will have to replace them (without deleting the attached files, doesn´t make sense when I think of it now). But we will see! By the way, nice forum here. If I ever have another question concerning Rotel, this forum is certainly the first address to look at! Oh, it´s already half past 2 at night here, and I cannot turn away my view from the Rotel 1098! Is that normal??? :B
                                                                                            Last edited by Wolfenstein 2k2; 23 June 2004, 21:45 Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"