X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voxy
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sarsi
    Thanks. The new setup is now my wife favourite as well

I got little choice due to the small living space I have. I have been stacking my HT/HiFi equipments for many years (10+ years now), "touch wood" so far nothing have been fried . The 1098 used to be sitting on the 1095 before I add the 1092, the setup have been for almost 2 years now. The 1095 never get very hot but surprising only warm.
    Does the 1092 gives out any heat after an hr? I need to install the amp inside a cabinet with little ventilation. I have also little shelve space....

One last question, what is your opinion between the sound of Marantz SA11 vs DV500 in redbook cd playback?
    Last edited by voxy; 21 December 2006, 01:37 Thursday.

Comment

• sarsi
      • Nov 2004

Hi Voxy, replied you in my other thread "Help on RB1092" probably we should not cluster this thread for off topic for others to post their setup . Talk to you there

Comment

• babar
        • Jan 2005

Hi Guys,

I would really like some advice on:

Speaker placement?

Subwoofer placement
        -they are currently connected to the 2 x sub out on the 1098, and I have no idea what to do with the phase or where to place them...

Acoustics (do I need more carpeting?)

Rear speakers can be better placed / directed?

I posted similar questions on the BW club but no replies yet.. so have uploaded different pics and those which include the Rotel..

The system is:
        Rotel: 1090, 1098 & 1095
        BW: 802D, HTM2D & 805S
        Panasonic: AX-100 projector & 42" plasmas
        Attached Files

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Well to start off, I think the placement of your 802s are fine. As long as they are basically even from your sweet-spot in distance, which a slight toe in...I think it looks fine.

Your subs can be placed wherever you want them, then for the phase, experiment with a sound meter and keep adjusting it on ONE of the subs. When the meter reads the loudest, they are typically in phase. If you are co-locating the subs, most likely you will not need to adjust the phase of them and they both should be at 0.

I would definitely think some more carpeting would help out. Some more "things" on the wall would probably help too since a lot of the sound waves can bounch off the bare walls. Maybe even throw in a few bass traps in the corners would help.

Rear speakers, well since we have no pictures, I would say you want them aimed at your listening area with them slightly above the listening (ear) level. But if you listen to a lot of multi-channel sound, then at ear level might be better.

I still, in my professional opinion, think that they would best be placed at my house. :lol:
          Last edited by PewterTA; 03 January 2007, 16:02 Wednesday.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• sarsi
            • Nov 2004

Hi PewterTA, good tip on that sub i should try it.

Hi Babar, really envy that 802 you have there

Comment

• landshark99
              • Dec 2006

Still Building...

Just moved back to Denver from working the last 3 years over seas so renting until i can find a place that i want to buy so I'm not going to splurge on a stand or anything right now. Rebuilding my system so some things are missing or i have to make due until i can find what I'm looking for.. but not bad for moving 2 weeks ago, he he...

Currently looking for a Paradigm center channel and surrounds.. having to make due with the poor infinity center that can't handle the Rotel and just ordered a Oppo DVD player....

And the wires.. i know, I know...iam working on that too.. Half my clothes are still packed, so getting to it!

Rotel RSX-1057
              Rotel RMB-1075

Paradigm 100v2's
              Paradigm CC v2
              HSU VTF-3 Sub
              Samsung HL-S5087W
              DirecTv HD DVR
              Oppo DV-981HD
              Last edited by landshark99; 04 January 2007, 23:24 Thursday.

Comment

• babar
                • Jan 2005

Thanks for the advice Pewter. Below is a link to my post from the BW club which has pictures of the rear:

I'll try out the sound meter tonight... was holding off on that till I got access to a tripod. Am planning on putting up some posters sealed in glass or plex-glass.. do you think that will that accentuate or help the problem?
                Do let me know your thoughts on placement of the 805's... I usually take the second seat starting from the left.
                TY Sarsi.

Comment

• Kens1
                  • Mar 2005

This picture isn't the sharpest - I will have to get a better one later

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

The 805s look good, I think I'd probably leave them where they are. They could maybe be a tad bit higher since you have high backs on the seats...but I don't think for the effort you would have to put in, it's really worth it. They look good where they are. As long as you calibrate them with a sound meter, the distance and positioning of them should be fine.

I will bet that the Rear Right surround will be slightly louder since it's in a corner and the other is not. So you will probably have that one a db or two less.

The posters will change the sound very little, since the majority of the total area is still a flat smooth surface. The little bit of an edge the frames will have will help slightly, but still not make a huge difference, like if you put up some curtains (for example). All in all it's an experimentation and you have to find what you like (aesthetically) and works well to absorb/deflect soundwaves.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• Mads Doss
                      • Jan 2007

My Rotel gear

Pictures of my Rotel gear:

Also see this link
                      Attached Files
                      Rotel RSP-1098 - Rotel RMB-1095 - Rotel RMB-1075 - Rotel RB-1080 - Rotel RB-1070 x2 - Tannoy Eyris DC 7.1 Speaker - Velodyne DD15 Sub - AudioPro AceBass2 x2 Sub - Sony VW-50 Projector - Pioneer 868 DVD - 350 ft Supra Speakercable - AudioQuest interlink cable - Krell KSA-200 Amp - Tannoy Prestige Edinburgh Speaker

Comment

• Nick M
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Nice and clean setup man!

What in the $%#@ do you have that many amps for though?! Are they powering speakers in other zones or something?
                        ~Nick

Comment

• Mads Doss
                          • Jan 2007

It is a 7.1 speaker system with 2 centerchannels(above and under the screen) and all speakers are bi-amp.
                          Rotel RSP-1098 - Rotel RMB-1095 - Rotel RMB-1075 - Rotel RB-1080 - Rotel RB-1070 x2 - Tannoy Eyris DC 7.1 Speaker - Velodyne DD15 Sub - AudioPro AceBass2 x2 Sub - Sony VW-50 Projector - Pioneer 868 DVD - 350 ft Supra Speakercable - AudioQuest interlink cable - Krell KSA-200 Amp - Tannoy Prestige Edinburgh Speaker

Comment

• Joey_V
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mads Doss
                            It is a 7.1 speaker system with 2 centerchannels(above and under the screen) and all speakers are bi-amp.
                            Jeezus....
                            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• sirbogey
                              • Mar 2006

which energy supplier do you use ?
                              sweet !

Comment

• Mads Doss
                                • Jan 2007

There is 35KW available to this system.

Comment

• G. Martin
                                  • Oct 2006

Here are some pictures of my Rotel and room.

Jamo D450s and Jamo D4cen

Pro-ject 2Expirence
                                  Rotel RSP-1068
                                  Denon DVD-2200
                                  Rotel RCD-1072
                                  Rotel RB-1070
                                  Rotel RMB-1075

Last edited by G. Martin; 01 February 2008, 09:24 Friday.
                                  George

Comment

• ghostbuster
                                    • May 2003

My setup

This is my setup:
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                      • Feb 2006

G.Martin
                                      Very, very nice and clean. The center looks very nice and perfect location :>
                                      Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                      PSB T6,
                                      Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                      Rotel RSX-1057
                                      Rotel RB-1070
                                      OPPO 103
                                      Apple TV
                                      [

Comment

• landshark99
                                        • Dec 2006

Moved room and added stand...

hey guys, thought i would update my photo, was not happy with all the wires going across the room so moved things around and added a small component stand for now, not ideal but its allot nicer overall. The sub placement in the front corner is much better sounding then behind the couch as i had it before.

I have a really interesting space so its difficult to get this room setup just right, house isn't big, the front doorway is in this room as well as a hallway to the bedrooms and the dining room transition.

I think this is the best i can do until i buy a place of my own Still looking to replace the center with a paradigm v2 and still need rears.. not sure what to do about them as i don't know if dipoles will be good or if i should just get a pair of Paradigm 20 v2's for now and then move them to the rear centers when i get a larger space? Any ideas? Any Advice?

one of the problems i now have is that the sub vibrates the DVD player and makes it skip. so i guess i need to do a search for some sound dampening for my dvd player.. lol

Comment

• miner
                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by landshark99
                                          hey guys, thought i would update my photo, was not happy with all the wires going across the room so moved things around and added a small component stand for now, not ideal but its allot nicer overall. The sub placement in the front corner is much better sounding then behind the couch as i had it before.

I have a really interesting space so its difficult to get this room setup just right, house isn't big, the front doorway is in this room as well as a hallway to the bedrooms and the dining room transition.

I think this is the best i can do until i buy a place of my own Still looking to replace the center with a paradigm v2 and still need rears.. not sure what to do about them as i don't know if dipoles will be good or if i should just get a pair of Paradigm 20 v2's for now and then move them to the rear centers when i get a larger space? Any ideas? Any Advice?

one of the problems i now have is that the sub vibrates the DVD player and makes it skip. so i guess i need to do a search for some sound dampening for my dvd player.. lol
                                          Go to your local counter supplier and get a piece of granite cut out for a sink opening. That would help tremendously for dampening.

Comment

• alin001
                                            • Jan 2007

I've long lusted after Rotel equipment, and late last year finally did a modest lateral upgrade by investing in a 1057 (which replaced a much-loved Denon 3802), mostly because I wanted HDMI and component switching when I went with a plasma. It took awhile because I had to get rid of an armoire, which crimped my style. The media console took some time to find (and yes, I need to hide the cables ).

As it turned out, the Rotel wouldn't fit inside the console - but the thing is too nice to hide.

What I didn't expect was the level of the upgrade in sound as well - the match with the v.2 Paradigms were better than expected.

The 1040 serves as nice-looking protection for the Rotel and Fuji.

Now if only Rotel would hurry up and do the dual Blu-Ray/HD DVD thing!

And Landshark - there should be Paradigm CCs (the v.2 line) popping up on Audiogon or ebay frequently. Even though it is a few generations behind, I'm sure you'll be pleased if you match the CC and a pair of 20 v.2s in your setup. I use the 20s due to DVD-Audios and SACDs.

This is my first post here, although I've visited the site frequently to get ideas and info - thanks for the many helpful members here.
                                            Attached Files
                                            Last edited by alin001; 21 January 2007, 15:32 Sunday.

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                              • Dec 2006

Well I guess I will add my setup to list here...
                                              Just finished getting my equipment, and will start treating this bright room next, but I am a proud owner of a Rotel RMB-1095. Driving a full surround of Paradigm Studio 100's, CC-690, Studio 20's for rears. Im driving the amp with a Temporary Pre/Pro Pioneer Receiver VSX-81.. Out to my Panasonic TH-50PH9UK. Oh lets not forget the SVS PB12-Plus/2.

Sounds Fantastic, the soundtage is spectacular.. as well as 2 channel stereo.
                                              I don't think I could pull off the brute force of this system without the Rotel.
                                              When prices drop, Maybe a bigger Plasma, and Rotel Pre/Pro.. but until they sort some things out, like HDMI, I'll chill with what I have now... Rotel is due for a nice upgrade in equipment soon.. Grrr HDMI..

Anyways... still have some work to do... don't we all..
                                              Thanks to all for everyone's idea's and comments that led me to the Rotel..
                                              I LOVE IT...
                                              Warp :T

Comment

• alin001
                                                • Jan 2007

Hm, Warpdrv1, with Paradigm speakers, Rotel amp, wood floors, rosenut finishes, brown leather - we seem to have similar taste! I went with a Paradigm Seismic 12 for a new sub not long ago (it replaced a PDR-10).

My XBox 360, on the other hand, is hidden upstairs.

Comment

• landshark99
                                                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by miner
                                                  Go to your local counter supplier and get a piece of granite cut out for a sink opening. That would help tremendously for dampening.

Well i picked up some Vibrapods and will test them out using them to see if they work well or not, for $20 why not

But if they don't work i will for sure be looking at other alternatives, i have a friend who works as a indoor supplier so this not might be a bad direction to head.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by alin001
                                                    Hm, Warpdrv1, with Paradigm speakers, Rotel amp, wood floors, rosenut finishes, brown leather - we seem to have similar taste! I went with a Paradigm Seismic 12 for a new sub not long ago (it replaced a PDR-10).
                                                    Nice...
                                                    Just bought this house, and after waiting 8 years to upgrade my HT setup, and I think it turned out nicely !!! So after 6 months of research on setting up the ultimate system for me,(at a somewhat reasonable price) I am glad to say its over with purchasing the Audio gear.. That Rotel Amp is a monster, and I love the power and clarity it brought. I knew I needed something with grunt for the 100's and CC-690. That CC is huge, and really enhances the sound stage. Glad I don't have to answer to a WAF yet. For streaming music/movies from my Dual Terabyte servers, that XBMC (I don't play much games) is fantastic bang for the buck.

Im really pleased with the Paradigms... I have them crossed over to that SVS at 50hz, and it blends so nicely.. sounds great with music and movies are at times just downright scary.. :bluezoned: :bluezoned:

Comment

• Beermoney
                                                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by G. Martin
                                                      Here are some pictures of my Rotel and room.

Jamo D450s and Jamo D4cen

Pioneer PL-51
                                                      Onkyo TX-DS989
                                                      Denon DVD-2200
                                                      Rotel RCD-1072
                                                      Rotel RB-1070
                                                      Rotel RMB-1075
                                                      Roberta Flack...Solid. Oh yeah, the gear is cool too!

Comment

• Club1820
                                                        • Jan 2006

Hey Warp, everything looks great except for that packer throw blanket!

GO BEARS!
                                                        Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Club1820
                                                          Hey Warp, everything looks great except for that packer throw blanket! GO BEARS!
                                                          Thanks Club1820 !!
                                                          Too Funny.... You have no idea how much Cr@p I get with that Pic...
                                                          I make sure I put that throw out for my best buddy that comes over, whom is a bears fan, we watched the Packers/Bears game here, and He grumbled most of the night, but here are the bears going to the SuperBowl...

I have been scaring alot a souls with my setup and that SVS Plus/2...
                                                          HT is amazing.. as well as the full sound of great music..

Warp

Comment

• voxy
                                                            • Jan 2005

Hope you guys like it...

Comment

• voxy
                                                              • Jan 2005

Hope you guys like my humble set up, did it in a hurry.

Comment

• alin001
                                                                • Jan 2007

Humble setup? In a hurry? It's scary to imagine what you could do with a little time and effort

Where did you get that media console and piano-gloss back? And I don't recognize the speaker brand.

A stunning setup, quite.

Comment

• Groene Leeuw
                                                                  • Jul 2006

Humble setup? In a hurry? It's scary to imagine what you could do with a little time and effort

And I don't recognize the speaker brand.

A stunning setup, quite.
                                                                  Sonus faber 8)

Comment

• voxy
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Jan 2005

Those speakers are Sonus Fabers GP Home and Domus center. I will change the GP to Domus soon.

The cabinet is custom made out of natural oak and the back panel is sprayed with gloss paint over MDF board (overhanged) to give a floating feeling on the wall. Took quite some time to plan the color coordination and hiding those cables, power point etc. :B The middle section is where additional eqpt and cables are hidden.

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                                                      • Dec 2006

Thanks alin....

I was thinking about a servo for my sub... but I have so much room to pressurize, so I went to Pretty/obnoxious SVS... :W
                                                                      I really like the streaming media capabilities with my Custom Xbox Media Center.. Stream DVD's & music or whatever from my Dual Terabyte servers..
                                                                      Fantastic GUI, if you haven't seen them... and limitless customizeable Menus/GUI's.

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                                                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by voxy
                                                                        Those speakers are Sonus Fabers GP Home and Domus center. I will change the GP to Domus soon.

The cabinet is custom made out of natural oak and the back panel is sprayed with gloss paint over MDF board (overhanged) to give a floating feeling on the wall. Took quite some time to plan the color coordination and hiding those cables, power point etc. :B The middle section is where additional eqpt and cables are hidden.
                                                                        That is a sexy looking Layout..... I heard those Sonus Fabre's in Piano Black.. they are beautiful looking as well as Un-Deniably some of the most spectacular sound stage dispersion I have heard..

Enjoy !!!

Comment

• gd
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by voxy
                                                                          Another Sonus fan here.

Am curious... any particular reason you're moving from the GP to the Domus?... to voice-match the center?... better performance than the GP?

I've never heard the GP, but I have been very impressed with the Domus Concertino + Domus Center setup I've heard at a friend's.
                                                                          greg (gd to you)
                                                                          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                                                                          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• shadow 8
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2004
                                                                            • 153

My equipment is as follows. My file size appears too big to upload;

Rotel 1056 receiver
                                                                            Denon 2900 DVD
                                                                            Martin Logan Aeon and Cinema speakers
                                                                            Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
                                                                            Mirage Omnisat surrounds
                                                                            Mitsubishi 65" DLP tv

Comment

• alin001
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2007
                                                                              • 5

Originally posted by Warpdrv1
                                                                              Thanks alin....

I was thinking about a servo for my sub... but I have so much room to pressurize, so I went to Pretty/obnoxious SVS... :W
                                                                              I really like the streaming media capabilities with my Custom Xbox Media Center.. Stream DVD's & music or whatever from my Dual Terabyte servers..
                                                                              Fantastic GUI, if you haven't seen them... and limitless customizeable Menus/GUI's.
                                                                              Dual Terabyte? I think you out-geek me at the moment! I haven't managed to play the 360 that much. Seems like the spare time I have is spent enjoying HD and smooth Rotel sounds. Right now I imagine most folks here are getting geared up for the Super Bowls. I feel bad for the poor souls watching it in standard Def

Again, nice setups here all around! Rotel should give this board a finders fee. Right now the posts are making me want a dedicated CD player like the 1072.

Comment

• alin001
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2007
                                                                                • 5

Originally posted by shadow 8
                                                                                My equipment is as follows. My file size appears too big to upload;

Rotel 1056 receiver
                                                                                Denon 2900 DVD
                                                                                Martin Logan Aeon and Cinema speakers
                                                                                Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
                                                                                Mirage Omnisat surrounds
                                                                                Mitsubishi 65" DLP tv
                                                                                I managed to reduce my pictures using whatever software comes with my Canon. Look forward to seeing your setup if you can manage to post it. I enjoy this thread, the folks here seem to appreciate the aesthetics of their setup more than your average tech nerd and give the rest of us something to aspire to.

Comment

• voxy
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jan 2005
                                                                                  • 113

Originally posted by gd
                                                                                  Another Sonus fan here.

Am curious... any particular reason you're moving from the GP to the Domus?... to voice-match the center?... better performance than the GP?

I've never heard the GP, but I have been very impressed with the Domus Concertino + Domus Center setup I've heard at a friend's.
                                                                                  The Domus center is actually a very good center speaker. It has excellent dispersion, neutral vocals and goes fairly deep. It blends in with almost any SF speakers in terms of tonality. I heard it in an Amati set up and the overally presentation blows me away. In my set up, it blends in very nicely so the only reasons I want to change is bec of the newer drivers in the Domus series. After comparing, the GP Domus gives better bass extension and dynamics compare to the Home series. The way to drive these babies is to use the higher power Rotel ICEpower amps since they typically have a range of 3.5ohms to 8ohms. In a most setup, the ICEpower made them totally disappear. Since Rotel also carries them, it will be easy to match them instead of going for other heavy weight like Krell, Goldmund etc...

The other important factor is that my wife love it as well bec it looks good and sound good. :B

Comment

• voxy
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2005
                                                                                    • 113

Originally posted by Warpdrv1
                                                                                    That is a sexy looking Layout..... I heard those Sonus Fabre's in Piano Black.. they are beautiful looking as well as Un-Deniably some of the most spectacular sound stage dispersion I have heard..

Enjoy !!!
                                                                                    Thanks.

Totally agree about the dispersion.

Comment

• titan7
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2005
                                                                                      • 41

Well finally got time to snap a photo but forgot about the flash oh well, at least the system is done!

Rotel:
                                                                                      RCD-1072
                                                                                      RC-1070
                                                                                      RT-1080
                                                                                      RB-1080
                                                                                      Speakers are Monitor Audio GR-10s

TV is a 50" Panasonic Plasma th50px60u

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• nyny
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jul 2004
                                                                                        • 128

Hi guys, here are a few pix of my current setup.

Tony

Comment

• scanido
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2006
                                                                                          • 548

Tony,

Fabulous setup!!! I really like how the B&W fits in with your contemporary look.

If you dont mind, I remember seeing you had 804S from your previous setup. I'm contemplating going with 803S and need actual owners experiences. How do you like the 803S compared to the 804S, sound-wise and aesthecially, which it appears you take pride in as do I??

You can PM with your thoughts if you like.

Thanks,
                                                                                          Steve

Comment

• voxy
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2005
                                                                                            • 113

That is really nice set up and expensive one.
                                                                                            Did I see a JR Concerto?

BTW, what cones are those on the Marantz.... I like their look.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"