X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snatchfrigit
    • Apr 2003

RDV 1080 / DTS

Hi,
    When playing DVD's with a DTS soundtrack the picture stutters and jerks. This problem Is not consistant as some DTS disks are ok. and the problem DVD's stutter at random (when playing the same scene the problem Is there but not In the same place). DD DVD's are OK, I have tried R1 and R2 DVD's.
    My system Is, RSX 1065 Receiver, RB03 Power Amp(for 7.1) and RDV1080 DVD player.
    One other small problem I have Is a hum from my rear centre speakers(Connected to the RB03) which only goes away with master volume set to MIN.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks Kev.

Kev
    Kev
  • Neo
    • Feb 2003

Oh no...

I had the same problem with mine and after having it exchanged 2 times Rotel confied in knowing the problem and sent my dealer an update disc. This did solve the problem BUT also brought a couple of other minor errors so now im waiting for the 1060 to arrive as i´ll get that one instead!
    You´d probably better of doing the same thing.

It´s strange though that noone have noticed this problem before isn´t it?

/Neo

Comment

• ZX 6R
      • Jan 2003

Regarding the DTS issues, as Neo said, if you do experience this problem there is a software upgrade that will have to be done on the player.

Comment

• KevinE
        • Oct 2002

Hi,
        Sorry you are having problems. I know 5 people, including myself, that have the RDV-1080. None of us have had that problem, or any other problem with them. I do have alot of rotel equipment and do know that they are very good at taking care of there customers here in the u.s. anyways. I hope things work out because the 1080 dvd player,INMO,
        is a very good all around player.

Kevin

Comment

• Snatchfrigit
          • Apr 2003

Thanks Guy's,
          The Rotel customer support In the UK Is exellent so I'll get the software updated and let you know how I get on.
          Neo,
          Could you just let me know the problems you have after the upgrade? Thanks.

Kev
          Kev

Comment

• Neo
            • Feb 2003

Unfortunately i sent mine back to my dealer for the update and he didn´t tell me specifically about the new problems that ocurred, only that they where minor. So it´s more or less his desicion to give me a RDV1060 instead as soon as they are released (somewhere around may/june here in Sweden).

Good luck with yours anyway!

/Neo

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"