X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

Which Surround Preamp/Processor?

Which Processor whould you buy between the RSP-1098 or the RSP-1068? Is the difference just the TFT screen Someone please give me the PROS/CONS on either unit. Any problems etc......

• DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Just for myself, if I were you, I would go for the 1068 vs the 1098 for the simple reason that the 1098 has been out longer and, based on ROTEL's recent actions, is probably due for a replacement soon in order to boost it up significantly to differentiate ROTEL's top line product more more from it's bottom line product. I suspect the market is anticipating that move as can be seen in the recent unexplainable drop in resale prices for the 1098. There is less risk of that happening with the 1068, and besides, if it were to happen you would have less $$ at risk to start with.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• aphexist
      • Jan 2004

Yes, base your purchase solely on the estimated future resale value of the unit. :roll:

I am a 1068 owner. I wasn't able to notice any difference in the sonics of the two units. The reasons I was considering the 1098, were:

1. Coolness factor of the LCD,
      2. Able to do lots of video switching, more digital inputs

These factors didn't justify the $1500 price difference. If you were going to use this as the centerpiece of a massive convocation of video sources and audio (dvd, satellite, xbox, PC, more), then it may be worth it.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Depends on your criteria as those fellows mentioned and depends on your ears. Some people swear it sounds better (it should as it does have similar but better components inside) and are willing to pay for that, some people don't hear a difference or enough of a difference to justify the higher price. It's up to the individual and their own interpretation of value, cost and quality/use of the components/features.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I concur with Jason, you will need to listen and judge the units for yourself, after all, it's your money. You need to be satisfied with your decision, both economically and acoustically. I personally love my RSP-1098.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• GSamF
            • Mar 2004

Amen Jason. Well put.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"