X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zohar
    • May 2004

RSX-1056 connection & crossover setup

1. I decided to upgraded my old home theater system by replacing my 939 Onkyo’s Receiver with the newest Rotel’s RSX-1056 :T , and also decided to keep the Laser-disk (DX-V370) for the concerts collection which I have.
    The problem that I crossed that I don’t know were and how to connect the AC-3 RF Out of the Laser disk to the RSX-1056.

2. I got front B&W’s 705 loudspeakers connected to my RSX-1056, in the receiver set up menu there is a program for speakers crossover which setup has default of 100Hz. What should be the crossover setup for the 705 loudspeakers?

Please advise.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Zohar,

See my separate post to your query in Club B&W where I give reasons for recommending an 80Hz crossover for your B&W 705's.

Re the Laser Disk AC3 RF input - you're out of luck - the Rotel doesn't support this RF connection (most HT processors don't any more). However ther are two choices:
    • AC-3 was renamed Dolby Digital and you can get a small black box adaptor from several sources (called a "AC-3 RF demodulator") that will take an AC-3 signal and convert it to a Digital Coax signal which the Rotel will accept. Yamaha make one for $99.
    • Or (if you don't love those Laser Disks that much) put either the stereo outputs from the Laser Disk into the Rotel and let Dolby Digital IIx do it's magic (very good) or (if your laser disk has the 6 outputs (5.1) that some do), plug those into the Rotel's mult-inputs....

Geoff

Comment

• asalvari
      • Jun 2004

Hello

I am thinking to get exactly the same rsx-1056 and 705 B&w speakers. I have listened to them, and I found somewhat lacking in the bass section. Would you care to comment on your setup? I wonder also how big the room is where you have your setup.

cheers
      asalvari

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"