X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark N
    • Apr 2003

Well.....I pulled the trigger, switched from Denon

Hello all!

After many weeks of research and an in home demo I have ordered the 1066/1075 combo to replace my Denon AVR5700 THX Ultra receiver. I was astounded at the difference the Rotle separates made in my system, I literally thought I bought new speakers. The depth and soundstage were vastly improved using my Paradigm monitor 9's in a 5.1 setup. For the first time in years, music sounded refreshing to me, amazing. I also demo'd the Yamaha RX-Z1, Denon 5803, and Pioneer Elite 49txi. Ultimately it came down to the Yamaha and the Rotel. THe dealer I was working with (Champaign Audio in IL) gave me 1k for my Denon on trade and will give me the full purchase price of the 1066 when the 1098 comes in for trade. I paid $2200 for the silver separates and can't wait until they arrive.

Rotel e-mailed me to let me know that the new 1066 units are being shipped with an improved design remote as well as the upgrade cable and latest firmware. The only real problem I have with the 1066 is the lack of an Audio Delay Circuit which is used for lip sync issues when using a projector with a scaler, but the good news is the 198 has this feature, so I'm safe. My dealer quoted me $2600 for the 1098, is this a good deal?

Finally, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all of you for your thoughts and info in the forum, it helped me tremendously in making my decision.

Thanks again!

Mark

5 days and counting until the new units arrive.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Wow!!! ;h That's saying something that the Rotel significantly outperforms one of Denon's flagship receivers, albeit one from a couple of generations ago. Now, comes the wait, but that will be over soon enough.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Mark N
      • Apr 2003

Thanks Danbry!

Wow, 55 views and no "Welcome to the club" from anyone.

Guess I'm "that new guy"

oh well...still pumped.

Mark

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Welcome to the forum!!! :^x Here's to hoping you become a regular. Usually, Andrew does the welcoming, but he's (actually his wife) waiting for the arrival of a new addition to his family. Seriously, this is a great forum filled with very knowledgable and friendly people who own some pretty impressive equipment. Have you had time to check out some of the other boards here?

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Mark Paquette
          • Jan 2003

Mark N - Welcome to the club!! Congratulations on your new purchase. I too switched from a receiver, Pioneer Elite, to a Rotel 1066/1075 combo. My Rotel gear stills amazes me. Let us know when you get your 1098.

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

Welcome, Mark

The price your dealer quoted for the 1098 sounds like the typical Rotel dealer discount. I can't imagine you getting much more of a break considering the unit hasn't even hit the shelves yet. Enjoy your setup. Patience!

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

Welcome, Mark

The price your dealer quoted for the 1098 sounds like the typical Rotel dealer discount. I can't imagine you getting much more of a break considering the unit hasn't even hit the shelves yet. Enjoy your setup. Patience!

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

Never before noticed how many different "Mark"s are members here at HTGuide. arty:

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• wng
                  • Dec 2002

Welcome Mark N, and congratulations! I bet you're itching to go. Let us know when you have it set up.

Comment

• Mark N
                    • Apr 2003

THanks Guys!

I was listening to the Pink Floyd SACD tonight and again could not believe how compressed the sound is compared to the Rotel units. Man I can't wait for the 1066/(1098)1075 combo to be a pemenant member of my system!

THanks again for the welcome!

Mark

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Welcome to the club! You'll have to excuess my tardiness but I think witnessing the birth of your first baby should get me a little leeway

Comment

• wng
                        • Dec 2002

Congrats, Andrew! Hope mother and baby are doing great. Couldn't help noticing the Team Canada jersey. Playoffs are here, but my team, NYR, is a mess. :cry: Must've been tough when your team moved to Phoenix.

Comment

• Mark N
                          • Apr 2003

Congrats Andrew!! I wish you and your new family the best. I'm right behind you as my wife is due 09/08/03.

Take care

Mark

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

good luck mark!

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
                              • Apr 2003

Mark N,

I just bought a 1055 from Champagne Audio last week, great bunch of guys. I know if they can put up with me and my million questions......

Does anyone know of a cure for this sickness I am experiencing?

Regards,
                              Matt
                              Regards,
                              Matt

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2003

to the group.

You'll find some extremely knowledgable, helpful people here. Unlike some other places, 99.75% of these folks won't rip on you, or flame you for a question or purchase decision. The information here is first rate, and has helped me in numerous ways. :dance:

Enjoy! :hump:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Azeke
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2003

Welcome to Hotel Rotel Mark N. I hope your stay here is a pleasurable one.

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"