• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

RDV-1060 Review in AVGuide

Hi,

The Rotel does orchestral power as well as any CD player I've had in my system, and better than most. Its clarity and delicacy are not overwhelmed by the power; its frequency balance holds even on complex and loud passages.
    and then
    I waited for the sighing of the castle walls—and at last, a shiver transposes itself from the strings onto the listener. No matter how much you tell yourself you will not respond—this time you won't be moved—your skin prickles and invisible spiders crawl up on your arms.

This is what, in the final analysis, I wanted and what I got from the Rotel RDV-1060. The musical experience that suspends disbelief and stretches my emotional capacities. There are pieces I play to celebrate. Others I play to cerebrate. There are still others I almost cannot play, for grief will overwhelm me. You say to yourself, "This is just music, just a trick of the mind and the ear." But the experience descends and envelops you and you laugh or you cry or, in spite of yourself, a shiver goes through your soul.
    I think they liked it... See AV Guide Issue 1 - Part 1

And a truely great reminder of why we really have all that technology..

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 11 May 2004, 10:56 Tuesday.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Just read it Pretty darned good review of our beloved little company's gear :T

The writer also did an exceptional job of conveying the emotional and physical effect good music can have on us when played through good gear and recordings. 8)

Jason
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"