X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennethf
    • Mar 2003

need a little help...

i just hooked up my new 1066 and 1095... and as long as i dont have my satellite feed hooked up, my system has never been so quiet. the sounds im getting now from dvds and cds are just as fabulous as i imagined they would be.

problem is... i appear to have a ground loop in my satellite system. i have a directivo hdvr2 (fantastic unit, by the way). when i initially connected my system and powered up, a low level 60 hz hum was coming from all speakers. after playing with all the connections individually, when i disconnect the wall satellite feed into the directivo, the hum disappears, and black silence returns (after having a low-level sony receiver for the past 2 years, i now know what it means to have separates and thus no low level hiss from the speakers). there was no hum 30 minutes before when the sony unit was connected.

does anyone here have any experience solving a satellite ground loop? if so, can you hook a brother up and let him know what to do to get this annoying noise out out of my otherwise perfect system? also, will the constant 60 hz hum cause any damage if i were to watch satellite while awaiting any appreciated suggestions from you fine people?

thanks for any suggestions, i love the forum, and im glad to finally have my rotel equipment in my rack.
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

I have no suggestion for the sat/loop, I don't have sat. I plugged my amp into 3-2 prong convertor to lift it from the ground, and that took care of my hum. It is in a surge protector. So it's not completely vulnerable.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Sometimes you might need to run the SAT feed coax wire through a grounding block and ground it to the same outlet the receiver is plugged into.. If the dish cables are grounded outside, try unhooking that ground and see what happens..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"