X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Menasce
    • Apr 2004

Yet Another Bi-Wiring question - A Simple one Though

Hi All,

I have a Rotel RMB 1075 power amp powering my HT. My mains and centre are connected with ordinary 12 AWG speaker wire and banana plugs at both ends. If I try to bi-wire, what is the best way to connect the second wire to the binding posts on the amp? Are spade connectors a viable choice in this scenario? Obviously, stuffing a second 12 AWG into the existing banana plug at the amp end won't work due to lack of space. I don't want to purchase any specialized wires (from Cat Cables or Better Cables, for instance) because I have a spool of 12 AWG left over from a recent install I did for a client.

I hope my question is clear enough. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to risk blowing up my amp after all.

thanks to all.
    best regards...
    Peter
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

A lug and a bananna plug will work just fine!

Peter,

Your lug and banana plug idea will work perfectly. Basically the aim is to make sure that both cables have a good contact directly with the amplifiers output terminals - positive to positive, negative to negative. Any way you can connect both cables to the same terminal is good. I've also use 2 bare wires twisted together if the hole is big enough.

Remember at the speaker end, the cables need to be separate and you need to disconnect the short bridging wire / piece of metal between the two positive and two negative connectors. Naturally it is positive to positive and negative to negative.

Enjoy.

Geoff

Comment

• Menasce
      • Apr 2004

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the quick response and for the reminder for the speaker end. Now it's off to the Hi-Fi shop to pick up some spade lugs!

thanks again...!
      best regards...
      Peter

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

Wow look at that another Montrealer!!!

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Menasce
          • Apr 2004

Hell Yeah Bam!!

Writing from beautiful and peaceful Ste-Anne de Bellevue!!
          best regards...
          Peter

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Except Menasce is cooler because of that awesome avatar :T

Sorry Bam :

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• Menasce
              • Apr 2004

Thanx for the kind words...! Now please all, join me in mourning for our glorious Canadiens who went down to defeat last week in the NHL play-offs
              best regards...
              Peter

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"