X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricAnthonE
    • Apr 2004

Ordered 1067 today...

well guys, i just ordered my Rotel 1067 today after absolutely foaming at the mouth about it for so long. I worry about the hiss we have been talking about. Well it is on backorder so i have to wait for it(probably get it at the end of week), i got it in silver.

I would have to say that without even hearing the rotel, that there is NOTHING that compares to it for the price.

He only took 5% off. I feel like i sorta got taken, but i seriously thought that he was having difficulties with understanding how another dealer could have gotten me 15% off. I felt so bad cause i was already in there, i was like i will just take it. I was not going to worry about the 200 bucks. i just hope that he is trustworthy?

Well any comments?

I am hooking it up to PB7002's
    c/l/r 2500
    BPX's

All def. Tech.

Thanks, Eric
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Eric,

Just a quick thought, is it too late to consider separates?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

While 10-15% off seems to be fairly common, there are some Rotel dealers who flatly refuse to discount at all (including one here in SF).

Just be firm with this guy when it comes to service in the unlikely event you experience a problem... if he's gonna have your business at a premium, he's obliged to take care of you in premium fashion.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy that big bad boy!
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• EricAnthonE
        • Apr 2004

ahhh....RELAX. nice word!

And as far as separates, i am definitely doing that, but i cannot afford it right now, and would like to have some kind of amplification for the time being.

I'm probably looking at another 6 months for that. I would like to get the rotel's with the XLR's. I think that Parasound? is also very nice. But i am looking at about 7 grand, which is just pushing it for me(i am a post-bach) and am planning on being a doc. so....cash isn't at a surplus right now

I will get there though...

Thanks guys, what do you guys have? I would like to eventually add on RMB-1095,RB-1090, and then just use the preouts on the 1067 for that time being, and then maybe get an anthem,parasound, or rotel RSP1098 after that.

Thanks

Eric

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

While 10-15% off seems to be fairly common, there are some Rotel dealers who flatly refuse to discount at all (including one here in SF).

Just be firm with this guy when it comes to service in the unlikely event you experience a problem... if he's gonna have your business at a premium, he's obliged to take care of you in premium fashion.
          ---------------------------------------------

Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

• EricAnthonE
            • Apr 2004

well he could have taken care of me in the first place with a nonpremium price. it's not the money really, it's the trust to me.

Comment

• EricAnthonE
              • Apr 2004

rotel does surely make some nice stuff though! Anyone care to add their listening experience of the 1067 to this post?

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Congrats on the purchase :T It might just be worth the less than spectacular discount if he's a good dealer with things like liberal upgrade policies etc... So ask him

Happy listening :B

Jason
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"