New 1068 brought home today - blown left front preamp output!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SQconstable
    • Mar 2005

New 1068 brought home today - blown left front preamp output!

I posted this also in the other thread about my 1067 which had buzzing issues, but this one really needs a separate thread because it's about the 1068, specifically.

Today I brought home a new 1068 and 1095 to replace the 1067. To my shock, the left front speaker was really distorted and overdriven, while being very quiet in comparison to the other channels. I interchanged RCA's and even other speakers.. this left front output on the 1068 is clearly bad. In the OSD under Test Tone in the setup, I had to turn the left front to MAX level while putting the right front at -5 or -6 to get a decent stereo balance.

Has anyone else experienced a distorted output on the 1068? If so, does a firmware upgrade correct this? :M
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Man.... I'm at a loss. I'm feeling for you right now..

Kevin D.

Comment

• SQconstable
      • Mar 2005

I almost sobbed.. again.

To make it worse, I'm using a lease car which has limited miles in which I'm transporting to the store and back to my house - it's not quite a short trip.. and then traffic in Austin isn't the best. I'm sure traffic is much worse in other big cities but Austin is booming fast.

I really have a bad taste in mouth because of Rotel selling me gear that is bad. I was so happy to listen to my fav jazz cd and now this. I think my wife and friend ultimately feel bad for me too. Maybe I'll say a prayer tonight and hope that the Houston or Dallas location sends my store a good unit.

Comment

• SQconstable
        • Mar 2005

The more I play the 1068, the worse that the left front ouput became. It's more distorted now than before, with the music gating in and out, only letting pure distortion through. How crazy for a brand new processor. This is insane to see this happen at all. We were so looking forward to watching a movie tonight but that's obviously being postponed.

I can't use Zone 2 either or I have to constantly volume match.. also the signal coming from Zone 2 is very delayed. UGH. In the future I wont buy Rotel, period.

I do have to say that the sound of this 1095 is AMAZING and is worth the 2k it costs. That's the only thing that's keeping me from going insane with the other Rotel issues. That's what keeps me from getting a migraine right now.

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Lemme chime in. I had a few terrible experiences when I bought my B&W/Rotel setup. I'll save the details and shave it down to the important part - all of the problems I had were almost certainly caused by damage done to the items DURING SHIPPING. One of the delivery boxes for my 705's was actually crunched, very near where it said "Fragile".

1st - stop playing that speaker. You don't want to damage it.

2nd - Did you try running the left output to a different channel on the amp to find out if the amp is bad ( as opposed to the 1068 )?
          <<< EDIT - I just saw yer other post where you detailed changing amp channels>>>

My dealer actually offeres (no cost) to test items before I come pick them up. I certainly don't condone poor quality control, but I would like to see you get the most out of your purchase that you can.

Hope things improve for you and you get to enjoy your system soon.

Comment

• SQconstable
            • Mar 2005

Thanks. Nah, I'm not playing that left speaker at all. I'm thinkin' what yer thinkin': distortion = blowing speakers.

Speaking of shipping, that's a very possible point - to prove how shipping kills things, take my first RSX-1067 return for it's problems... sent it to Rotel but they weren't able to duplicate the prob. They sent it back and it doesn't power on at all. So yeah, UPS loves to play "football" with those packages, especially when FRAGILE is written on them. Haha a UPS friend at an old job told me how they played alot there.

I'm just thankful I know this stuff because I couldn't fathom the thought of technical issues arising in those less experienced - we have so much more patience than many

;x( For that, please give me a working setup LOL

... I would like to add that I worked very hard for it. ;x(

Comment

• Tamas
              • Jan 2006

How about contacting the delaler and asking them to bring you a new 1068 and free set up and in home trial with the owner or something. I think at this point in time it is up to the store to start taking responsibility for your time and effort. Just my .02 cents.

Regards, Tom

Comment

• shadow
                • Dec 2003

Given your terrible past experiences with Rotel quality control, I would not blame you if you dumped the line for good. I have had a 1056 and 1080 amp with no problems, but your experience is unacceptable. It appears to me that over the past year QC at Rotel has taken a bad dip for the worse. And please no posts about what a picky bunch of consumers we are on this forum. We are only a small percent of Rotel's sales and if this crummy QC appears as often in the general purchasing population as it does in this forum, a lot of folks out there not on this forum are dumping Rotel in disgust and buying other brands. If this is not a wakeup call to the suits at Rotel, the marque may be gone in a few years.

Comment

• Tamas
                  • Jan 2006

I am very surprised that SQ has had such bad luck. However, this couold be a minor issue of a poor connection within the unit caused by shipping. All I can gather from this is the sound quality of Rotel must be really great. Hopefully it will all be resolved to everyones satisfaction.

Regards, Tom

Comment

• Elvis
                    • Jan 2005

I can say from my own experience I've had better luck w/dealers than w/Rotel.One thing for sure is the 1068 is a very good sounding unit.Regardless of all the hype about unit x the 1068 can hold its own with some "hot" units on the audio end.

Comment

• SQconstable
                      • Mar 2005

I have to say that, despite all the hardships of getting new, faulty gear, I'm sticking with Rotel because I do not want to spend two to three times as much for Classe, Krell, or McIntosh. Rotel sounds good. I personally don't see the point of upgrading past the RMB-1095 as far as an amp (unless I upgraded to a larger listening room which I'd need more power) or like you say, the 1068 for a processor. The 1068 really has it all. The most powerful things are of course the Bass Management options and then my favorite - Delay for the subwoofer. I can't stress how important that parameter is. I currently have my subwoofer on 35ft. because that's the point where it works with my mains at the distance they're at (although the subwoofer is NOT that far away). If it was at some of the other distance/delay settings, the sub cancels out with the bass of the mains. Previously, one would have to have a friend adjust the phase on the back of a subwoofer (plate amp, IF it has variable phase adjust) and try to communicate, "STOP, THAT SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT THERE!" Having this type of control at the listening position is truly heavenly and not many receivers and processors have this adjustment - I do have distance adjustments on my Sony SACD player in its menu though, but it's not something that can be tweaked with in real time. Rotel's distance/delay adjustment is a true phase control with no audible clicking when changing and no distractions! If you haven't experimented with the sub delay, you have got to do this asap and bring it earlier in the imaging where it hits your ears with the mains. You'll be surprised. There are other reasons I stuck with Rotel but certain functions are very important to me. Of course, sound quality comes first... well, first, I'm looking for a quiet and buzzless amp

Right now, I've got some really inexpensive studio monitors (Behringer Truth passives) on the 1095 and the result is so much more stunning than the RSX-1067 evidenced. There's audibly much more of a dynamic range. I noticed much more bass, and it's tighter... all from the same set of speakers that received poor reviews on their active-powered versions. They were said to have harsh highs and muddy lows when powered by their internal amps. I heard only some of this poor performance on these passive speakers with the 1067 but after upgrading to the 1068 and 1095, oh my... sounds better than I could imagine with that type of speaker. It became clear that this journey through three bad 1067's and now a second 1068 is totally worth it. None of these problems could have been alleviated had I not purchased NEW items through a reputable dealer (warranty). I urge any of you to purchase hi-end gear new with warranties and from a local dealer, not online where shipping is high and shipping can damage hi-end gear - some manufacturers don't honor warranties on online-purchased gear too. I ultimately worry that something I purchased may not be warrantied in the future due to a company falling from quality control, but this is something I take a chance on. Rotel is the best priced hi-end gear in my opinion, and the risk of purchasing it is worth it, even if you have to sort through some faulty units here and there. I do hope that any gear I purchase never dies. I remember my father's OLD Pioneer Quadraphonic tuner/amp. Amazing sound and lasted forever.

I have much more patience than most people, however, this whole situation was not calming at the least. The mental anguish along with feeling like I can never get ahead in these situations is what hurts. To add to stress, family and friends may comment that I'm spending too much to stick with this product line if there's always a problem. I always want to keep hope that I'm unfortunately "lucky" or that I'm just absorbing all these issues so that people like you don't have to. After the third bad 1067, I really, really wanted to just save up for a Classe or Krell system and be done with it, but everyone's praises on this forum did help me keep trying Rotel's other products; I wanted to have what others had here. I feel I'm almost there though, and when I can get a 1068 replacement I'll be able to work my job again without having this nagging distraction that usually accompanies regret of purchasing something expensive without getting the promised benefit or experience. At some point in our lives, we've all felt ripped off.

A manufacturer may have a fault in one or two models and that doesn't mean they're to be avoided completely! I had to post about my personal nightmare with the 1067's - others should know what happened with that particular model with my circumstance so people can look elsewhere within that company and prevent the wasted money, effort, time, miles, and migraines that would result if one were to have the same issue and immediately give up and go towards another brand. Unfortunately, posting our problems in forums is a double edged sword. Most postings are those of problems than those of praise - I'm one to buy a product based on good reviews while paying close attention to the negative's. I've learned to take some of the major magazine (online or physical) reviews with a grain of salt. Being somewhat a marketer myself, I know that when I want a press release on our own products, we have the chance to request some changes or rewording before release to the public. I'm not sure how the major reviewers of the 1067 avoided commenting on self-buzzing issues - there's no way I'm going to believe I just happen to get lucky witnessing 4 units within a year having the same issue. It means there are many others either not knowing what to listen for, or they know about it, but they're too lazy to report it. Statistically, and this may be some old figure, only 1 out of 21 people with the same problem will actually take the time to report it. Out of those few that report problems, many don't know exactly how to express the problem or what terminology to use in describing details. I find myself an excellent candidate to report problems since I have been so patient in weeding them out. Hopefully, others reading through the subjects of my threads amongst others can make decisions to test gear in the store before walking away - in the past I've always stuck to this rule. Hi-end gear, however, is harder to ensure a complete in-store testing of that new box they pull out from the back room - there's on-screen display, all those inputs, .. it'd take so long to completely test all of this while demo'ing, and I doubt most dealers would allow it for most customers. I think my store would make an exception for me though A basic test is still necessary to prevent later suffering. The reason I didn't test this new 1068 in the store was because I already spent alot of time testing the 1095 for humming/buzzing, and because I trusted Rotel would have delivered a perfect 1068. There, again, I broke that rule and didn't test the unit before walking away. I've got to learn to stop trusting, no matter the brand name. If it's made by humans, it has room to have a mistake. It's possible for thousands of bad products to be flooded out there.. stuff happens.

I'd have been using the 1095/1068 combo for at least a year now if I had just brought my own sensitive speakers to the store and heard it buzz on the 1067 on day 1 - I'd have never purchased it.

This forum is supposed to be more as a question/answer type of thing but maybe I'll help answer some of your questions with my experience. Realize there are others with some of the same problems and they're just too lazy to register to the forum to say something. To the people that claim most of the stuff on this forum is all lies.. ask yourself why we spend the effort typing all of this.

Comment

• gd
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SQconstable
                        I have much more patience than most people
                        No kiddin'!... your patience is commendable... and your reportage is appreciated... it's been a good object lesson in troubleshooting and resolving issues.

I'm sticking with Rotel because I do not want to spend two to three times as much for Classe, Krell, or McIntosh. Rotel sounds good.
                        And there's your bottom line... whatever other issues may exist, Rotel offers bang-for-the-buck for critical audio enthusiasts... sometimes in the course of pursuing good value, one has to go the extra mile, as you have... and by the way, Classe, Krell, and McIntosh are not immune from manufacturing flaws themselves (well, maybe not the Mac )... in any event, I'm glad your retailer is making it right.

I remember my father's OLD Pioneer Quadraphonic tuner/amp. Amazing sound and lasted forever.
                        Hey, I had one of those... QX8000A... good times.

Good luck with your 1068.
                        greg (gd to you)
                        Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                        production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by shadow
                          Given your terrible past experiences with Rotel quality control, I would not blame you if you dumped the line for good. I have had a 1056 and 1080 amp with no problems, but your experience is unacceptable. It appears to me that over the past year QC at Rotel has taken a bad dip for the worse. And please no posts about what a picky bunch of consumers we are on this forum. We are only a small percent of Rotel's sales and if this crummy QC appears as often in the general purchasing population as it does in this forum, a lot of folks out there not on this forum are dumping Rotel in disgust and buying other brands. If this is not a wakeup call to the suits at Rotel, the marque may be gone in a few years.

I got grilled on another post about why I thought QC wasn't the greatest. I am curious however to know if there are experts out there which work in the Quality Control department of any business and can perhaps let me know what contributes to poor QC.

Comment

• rdram
                            • Mar 2005

gd wrote:

your patience is commendable...
                            I'll second that. Sincerely hope you get this resolved...something tells me you will.

I'm curious, I bought my 1068 in November 2005, and didn't notice at the time. But after following your threads, last week I went into the store room and grabbed the 1068 box. On one side, the one with the white bar code sticker, on the top right corner is a little green dot (sticker) and below the white label with the bar code, stamped in small red letters it says "QC'D BY ROTEL". This one must have been one of the units tested by QC referred to in other threads here as Rotel's effort to address quality control issues. Does you 1068 box have that? If not, maybe you should make sure the next one does. Good luck to you. The 1068/1095 is a sweet combo.

Rich

Comment

• SQconstable
                              • Mar 2005

YES. My box has this same green dot sticker but there's no text that says it was QC'd by Rotel or anything like that.

What contributes to poor QC us usually when there's a lack of attention to detail on development side, which is cimply probably attributed to either low standards or the more believeable, lack of enough people to test. It's presumptious that any company just has low standards, but we cannot assume this without having the facts. Rotel simply doesn't have enough people to test everything. I feel bad for them because there's so many people that would love to help them out. I do understand the aim to keep a company small though - there's less splitting of the pie to pay people, and also, there's supposed to be more quality control which I personally support. With a smaller team, there's less relying on multiple parties to get things done. It does backfire if you release products with problems though.

Rushing to meet deadlines given by the more corporate partners in a business can also seriously affect a product's outcome. It causes poor morale and irate employees when things constantly are being returned.

Comment

• KAP
                                • Jan 2005

So the saga continues? What are the odds? This is insane. I agree with the prior post that the dealer should come to you with the next 1068 and hook it up. I'm not knocking the dealer, I know they are working hard for you. This is just a nightmare.

I think we all feel you pain. Hang in there!

Comment

• SQconstable
                                  • Mar 2005

yeah the long saga continues. Hopefully on Wednesday I'll have the 1068 replacement. I might as well order a new amp for my 15" subwoofer while I'm waiting.

I really don't think the dealer needs to come all the way out to my rural home. I also live a private life and like to keep my work life secret so I have no problem driving to get something IF I know it's flawless. I do think all dealers should test Rotel products at least in a basic way before people leave the store.. or maybe that's too extreme, as I could be a minority as far as troubles go. I'm hoping that possibly my dealer will test all the preamp outputs on the replacement unit before calling me. I guess that's my main concern. That's the most the dealer could really do in my opinion. I really wouldn't expect them to leave work to drive all the way out to my place just to install a $1700 processor. Although it'd be flattering, it's not necessary, as I have not lost any respect in my dealer. I do hope nobody has to struggle with constant exchanging. It makes me look bad being the person that I am in my field, and keep coming back to the store with something that's not working.. kinda embarassing.

Comment

• SQconstable
                                    • Mar 2005

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I cannot believe this. I can't be the only one that this is happening to.

You will not believe this.

If you remember, I've already been through FOUR RSX-1067's .. all faulty from self buzzing issues. I then upgraded to the RSP-1068 and the RMB-1095. The RSP-1068 had a blown front left preamp output which prompted my dealer to have a new unit from the Dallas store transferred in.

Now... get this... the transfer came in and I went to the store (long drive oh my) to pick up my replacement. I was happy, again, that this would be the last time I saw my dealer. Boy, was I WRONG. I feel like nobody here is going to believe me because I keep reposting here about "waiting on replacement, nope it's bad, waiting on another, blah blah blah". But damnit, I'm really heated now because now this SECOND RSP-1068 won't even power up!!!!!!!

As I was pulling into the store's parking lot, I got a call on my cell from the salesperson at the store saying "You wont believe this but this new unit will not power up". I went in and saw it setup on a line conditioner and a 1070 amp. The salesperson said he did see the blue standby light come on for a second but then it never came on again. I faintly held the power cord where it barely made a connection and I could hear it arc'ing so that does mean the power supply caps are getting power, but there's NO relay clicking, not anything. There's no blue standby light.

THIS IS ABSURD the amount of money I pay to get "Rotel sound" and I can't even get a working unit. I am so ready to just return this stuff and go elsewhere. I've given Rotel 6 chances. I can't imagine that this actually happened to me, whom has had luck all along when purchasing anything else hi-end. What the heck is going on?!?!? What is it going to take to get me what I'm paying for? Why the heck can't I have what all you guys are listening to? WHAT WHAT WHAT!

Rotel, if you are reading this, you have dropped the ball. Stop producing faulty units and start making solid product that actually will work when we or the dealer opens up the box.

My dealer refuses to buy any more Rotel equipment at the moment, and they're just as baffled at the amount of problems as of late. They just also got through returning one of those Rotel DVD players, which wouldn't play any disc right out of the factory-packaged boxes. I have a feeling that a disgruntled worker at the factory is intentionally doing this to hurt the company they work for.

I cannot and WILL NOT recommend Rotel to anyone. Six chances to get what I paid thousands for, and all this wasted time, money, gas, miles.. oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. I had to take home the dealer's demo 1068 because they will not be demo'ing any Rotel until something is figured out. The manager of my store will be handling it directly with Rotel from now on. I highly doubt they will be able to get a working 1068 since this issue is way beyond the simple unluckiness of one customer (me) so I assume I should start looking elsewhere. Unfortunately, the Home Theater Store doesn't sell any other brand of processor for $1700 (price of the 1068 ).. the only thing I can do otherwise is buy McIntosh, Krell, or Classe, and I'm NOT going to waste my money on those, just for a processor.

I am not bashing Rotel, but you can be sure I'm not really happy with them at the moment. All these chances for Rotel to make things right. If they'd only open their own boxes and hook things up to test them, they'll see someone is clearly sabotaging their inventory.

Will SOMEONE please help pass this on? It's too late for Rotel to answer the phone since they're closed by now, but if they were there I'd so give them an earful. They OWE ME.

Comment

• gd
                                      • Jan 2003

Yeah, I think they owe you one too.

But you've come this far... I suggest hanging in there, as it seems like your delaer is sufficiently going to bat for you.

Again, if the process seems like it's going to stall, I'd further suggest PM-ing Kevin D, to see if he can find someone at Rotel to fast-track it.

Meanwhile, while it's tempting -- heck, justifiable -- to roast Rotel at this point, you might consider that (hypothetically) maybe there are as many as 50 bad units out there, and they're all shipped to Austin for whatever reason... that doesn't mean the whole operation has gone in the toilet... and suggesting that it has may not be entirely accurate or responsible.

But that doesn't change your particular situation (or make you feel any better)... Rotel does owe you one.

I'll be surprised if they don't come through.
                                      greg (gd to you)

Frank Zappa

Comment

• KAP
                                        • Jan 2005

I'm at a complete loss as to how this keeps happening. I think the dealer is doing the correct thing in not demoing Rotel products until this is fixed.

I'd be livid. I'm more demanding than most, but at this point I think Rotel needs to send directly to your house...........a FREE replacement unit. The money is nothing to them and you have been through the biggest audio equipment nightmare in history.

Comment

• miner
                                          • Mar 2005

Unfortunately, SQ's dealer is my dealer too, just different locale - has many stores in TX & one in AZ that ship from the same warehouse. I was looking to do a $3000 Rotel purchase but am putting on hold until this situation is worked out.

Comment

• SQconstable
                                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gd
                                            ...you might consider that (hypothetically) maybe there are as many as 50 bad units out there, and they're all shipped to Austin for whatever reason... that doesn't mean the whole operation has gone in the toilet... and suggesting that it has may not be entirely accurate or responsible..
                                            I wish this were true, but some of the replacements that were coming to my store were coming directly from Boston (the manufacturer). Units coming from Boston or a warehouse thereafter makes no difference. Also there are no "bad batches" as explained by Rotel. There's no batch/run of products that's isolated from others.

Comment

• gd
                                              • Jan 2003

I guess none of us really have any firsthand understanding of Rotel's manufacturing or distribution methods.

And that bigger picture is relatively unimportant, other than Rotel getting a heads-up on a potential problem... the more immediate issue is that you are experiencing defective units in a big way... unlike any reported here before.

If I understand your posts accurately, it does seem to me that Rotel will need to step up on this extreme - and now fairly public - case, and make things right for you, as well as for your retailer, who appears to be working in good faith.

Everyone here is pulling for you... I'd like to think our high expectations of Rotel will be justified as this is resolved.
                                              greg (gd to you)

Frank Zappa

Comment

• SQconstable
                                                • Mar 2005

Well, light was finally at the end of the tunnel. The third 1068 is now setup in my listening area and has no problems whatsoever. I can finally get back to life and building speakers.

So as a message to all: :T just test the gear you're buying before you leave the store... even the new boxed units.

Comment

• EastCoaster
                                                  • Jan 2006

So as a message to all: :T just test the gear you're buying before you leave the store... even the new boxed units.
                                                  Thanks for your posts - and glad to hear your problems are solved!

Hmmmm.... I do have to say - after reading your threads on your Rotel problems - I don't think I'll be getting anywhere near Rotel equipment.... If I had to go through what you went through, I'd be in a mental institution!

Comment

• gd
                                                    • Jan 2003

Congratulations... and thanks for posting.

Y'know, even though this was an extreme series of problems, manufacturing defects can occur with virtually any make of electronic gear.

Sooner or later, all of us get hit with something... glad you toughed it out.
                                                    greg (gd to you)

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Elvis
                                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by EastCoaster
                                                      Thanks for your posts - and glad to hear your problems are solved!

Hmmmm.... I do have to say - after reading your threads on your Rotel problems - I don't think I'll be getting anywhere near Rotel equipment.... If I had to go through what you went through, I'd be in a mental institution!

Well...you'll have to spend more money or settle for less,good luck.

Comment

• stewfoo
                                                        • Jul 2005

hmmmmmm. I have had rotel stuff with no prob...Until I killed mine with a massive static shock...... Sounds fishy...
                                                        Stew

Comment

• Clepto
                                                          • Feb 2006

Maybe the distributor had a huge EMP hit the warehouse (; :M

Comment

• brac
                                                            • Aug 2005

I am just starting to shop for an RSX 1067, If you go with the addage that "it" happens... Do you feel Rotel or your retailer did their best for you, or do you feel screwed around???
                                                            Brac

Comment

• SQconstable
                                                              • Mar 2005

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this and respond.

I feel like my retailer/dealer did nothing but really help me out throughout this whole issue. The Home Theater Store went way beyond their corporate rules to make me satisfied. It's Rotel that could have improved - I feel that second chances are important for everyone, no matter how much you feel like giving up. There's a reason I stuck with Rotel and I do know there's a huge randomness factor as to getting good or bad gear (with Rotel that is, not much with other companies). I wish that a company would really take a problem more seriously and do whatever is needed to rectify it before someone gives up. I do not believe in giving up so easily while posting a complaint about a company online - this hurts sales without warrant. Thus, I decided to ride it out until I got something that "worked". Ultimately, this can backfire (which it did) when replacements and repairs repeatedly fail. I was hoping to just come back here and say "Hey everyone, Rotel is awesome! They repaired my 1067/1068 and sent me a new one fast!" Instead, well, I suppose things do happen and there's no way to really prevent a myriad of phenomenal problems to unload on one person at once.

HOWEVER, yes, I feel screwed around, not by the retailer/dealer. To put it bluntly, if four 1067's have a buzzing sound which is self-inherent and unfixable, then someone needs to step up and say "I will make sure this customer gets a buzzless unit."

What I think really went on with those 1067's is... they're ALL buzzy and the factor that shows more or less of the buzzing is your speakers' sensitivity and the distance you are sitting from them. And some people only put their ear on the tweeter and say "Nope, no buzzing" yet there was a buzzing at 60Hz in the woofer they didn't test for.

With the 1068's, I definitely feel screwed around, again not by the retailer/dealer. New-in-box units with blown preamp outputs or simply not powering up shouldn't be the blame of the retailer unless they're intentionally throwing boxes down in the inventory room.

All I can say is that I was indirectly screwed around as a result of poor quality control. Rotel doesn't test all of their units if they don't "need" to. QC testing only really happens when there is evidence of a possible problem. They don't have enough people to pay to test every unit, every model... Don't believe anything you hear about QC. Base your purchase off your demoing of the unit in the store on your own speakers. Open that new box out and demand to hook it up on a bench somewhere!

Comment

• SQconstable
                                                                • Mar 2005

Brac, If I were you, I'd save a little more and go with the RSP-1068 ($1700 max) and a multichannel amp. It'd only be like $500 more and it will sound SO much better. More power in those dedicated amps somehow is audibly better. More power = more dynamics and better control. The 1067 sounded good, but once I got the RMB-1095, WOW. I've powered some cheap speakers and made them rock like ones costing so much more.

Comment

Working...
                                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                Search Result for "|||"