X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 77engineer
    • Mar 2003

Versoin 1 vs. Version 2 on RSP-1066

I just purchased the RSP-1066/RMB-1075 combo last week. It was in part ot some of the great comments and reviews that I read on this forum. This is my first set of separates and I absolutetly think they are great. I just purchased my RSP-1066 and it has version 1 software on it. Is there any performance difference between the version 1 software and the version 2 software?

Thanks
    Adam
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

Due to a shortage of the original CPU used in the 1066, Rotel switched to a different CPU. The version 1 vs version 2 of the software has to do with which CPU your unit has.

I believe the latest versions are 1.49 and 2.25. All functionality is the same between the two versions.

Gregg
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• WallaceBW
      • Jan 2003

The main difference from a USER acpect is that the component video swwitching backplane got a Major bandwith upgrade

Version 1.xxx has a 10 MHz backplane

Version 2.xxx has a 200 MHz backplane.

Again this only affects component video not RCA or S-VIDEO

WallaceBW

Comment

• Trevor_J
        • Oct 2002

The main difference from a USER acpect is that the component video swwitching backplane got a Major bandwith upgrade
        Not exactly, both versions are available with 10mhz AND 100mhz. After a particular s/n on both versions, they began shipping with 100mhz component outputs. Just because you have a version 2.xx 1066/1055 does not mean that you automatically have a 100mhz component out.

Comment

• 77engineer
          • Mar 2003

THanks for all the quick responses.

Trevor_J,

Is there any way to tell whether you have the 10 MHz or the 100MHz component switching capability.

Thanks
          Adam

Comment

• greggz
            • Jun 2002

According to Andrew's research...

The 200 MHz bandwidth video switching 1066's can be identified by serial numbers higher than #2341001.

Gregg
            Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"