X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdecker
    • Jun 2002

Quick question about the official 1.49 firmware

If this has been covered in another post, forgive me. ops:

I just loaded the offical release of 1.49 into my 1055 and noticed that each time I watch a DD movie I have to press the Dolby PLII/3 ST button on the receiver to get 7.1. When I was using ver 1.46 I had to do this once and it would default to EX/XS processing. IS there a way to make the 1055 default to EX/XS processing?

Earle
  • sdecker
    • Jun 2002

One more thing, I just recalibrated all speakers and noticed that I had to increase the gain on all speakers to calibrate to 75db. Thoughts?

Comment

• MuShu007
      • Jun 2002

Earle

I have a 1066 (ver.2.20) calibrated at 75db with the volume control at 65.I then upgraded to ver.2.25 and checked the calibration and found my spl meter reading 75db now with the volume control at "75" 8O
      It's cool that it's now where it's supposed to be but makes you wonder with that 10bd gain.........

MIKE

Comment

• sdecker
        • Jun 2002

Mike

Thanks for the info. Glad to know its not a fluke. Any thoughts on the EX processing?

Earle

Comment

• MuShu007
          • Jun 2002

i'm running a 6.1 set-up and as far as EX material ,I tried TPM/AOTC and found myself switching it "manually" to EX mode via "+ or -" on the cursor buttons or "SUR+" button. I can understand if it's a badly flagged disc but I wish it would just got to EX processing mode automatically Maybe i'm just missing something,any ways there's still sound coming from my center back speaker due to their XS processing even on 5.1 material which still sounds good,but on 6.1/EX material it's definitely better with the "EX" mode on, if (again) it would do it automatically...

MIKE

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

my laptop should be here today so I'll be flashing my Rotel 1055 tonight or tomorrow. I'll report back what I find out.

Comment

• sdecker
              • Jun 2002

Andrew,

Let me know what you find out. The xs/ex default thing has been happening since I upgraded to the beta version of 1.49. When the signal is encoded with DD EX there is no problem just when I want to use the XS prpcessing. Shouldnt it default to XS after I press the PLII button once?

Earle

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I've loaded the software but haven't had a chance yet to try the 6.1 detection.

How's the bass management with this offical release?

Comment

• JKohn
                  • Jun 2002

How's the bass management with this offical release?
                  The subwoofer Yes/No/Max bug has been fixed (where Yes had the same effect as Max). But bass doubling on the multi-inputs is still there, and can't be fixed with a firmware update based on what Mike B told me.

Jeff Kohn
                  Jeff Kohn
                  http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• eelco74
                    • Dec 2002

let me get this straight :

If you use the multi input (SACD or something like that) you get a copy of the main bass on your SUB output ? This cannot be modified, since it is probably hard wired ?

Did I get this right ?

So if you plan on using a 1060/1055 for SACD, you might have a problem. Or just lower the volume on the sub let's say -6 DB ?

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

You can now turn the sub off for the various modes as required so both my multi channel and 2 channel modes both have the subwoofer turned off completely so I don't get the bass doubleing...i.e. they both function as straight pass though modes which is what I wanted.

Comment

• Chris3G
                        • Sep 2002

Andrew,

Could you check the following configuration ?

Large speakers
                        sub "YES"
                        Either analog DPLII source or Digital Dolby 2.0

is bass sent to the sub under this setup with the latest firmware? With the version i tested, (2.24) the only fix was to set the sub "off" for dolby, which of course also had the effect of turning the sub off for 5.1, which is handled properly.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

I'll test that but I have a feeling it will remain the same since we can't set individual settings for those DSP...at least i don't think i can.

Comment

• Chris3G
                            • Sep 2002

You're right, that was the problem i was having. It all falls under "dolby". But if they really did fix "Yes/no/max" then maybe it will work as it should.

I actually sold my 1066 because of this. My setup is all large speakers, using an ICBM for all bass management. Watching TV in PLII drove me crazy. I tried a number of different things but i did not feel setting the sub to "no" and having the LFE rolled into the front channels was acceptable. Also no way i was going to turn the sub setting on and off every time i switched from 5.1 to 2.0 or dplII.

But if they really did fix it this time i'm probably going to regret not holding out just a bit longer

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"