X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ROb Aspeling
    • Mar 2003

RSP 1066 Pro Logic 2 Mode

I have a DSS linked to my 1066 by digital coax. Last night I hit the menu button by accident and saw that the 1066 was decoding Pro Logic 2 emul. I've heard of Pro Logic 2 movie and music mode but what is this emul mode?
  • AlvaroD
    • Oct 2002

Emul mode is emulation of the original Dolby Prologic 1

Comment

• Trevor_J
      • Oct 2002

Question....How do you set the 1066 to DPL1? My brother in law is interested in upgrading his equipment and was enquiring about DPLII. I'd like to show him a direct comparision. Is it possible to toggle between the two and if so, how?

TIA.

Comment

• AlvaroD
        • Oct 2002

DPL1 is the Emul mode :

-set DPL II decoding mode with "sur+" button on remote
        -hit the "-" or "+" arrow on the direction pad until it displays "DOLBY PROLOGIC II EMULATION"

Comment

• Trevor_J
          • Oct 2002

I'm using a Pronto with the most used functions carried over from the remote. I don't believe I have the surround toggle on there. I'll have to dig out my Rotel Remote and give this a try.

Thanks!

Comment

• JKohn
            • Jun 2002

Trevor,

The left/right arrow/cursor keys will toggle you between PL2-Music, PL2-Cinema, and PL2-Emulation.

Jeff Kohn
            Jeff Kohn
            http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Trevor_J
              I'm using a Pronto with the most used functions carried over from the remote. I don't believe I have the surround toggle on there. I'll have to dig out my Rotel Remote and give this a try.

Thanks!
              Trevor, I have a .ccf (Pronto file) for the 1066. That has discrete functions for almost all the surround modes. I just merged it into my Pronto Pro. Made it a hidden panel, and then aliased to the buttons. Works like a charm. I'll email it to you if you wish.

Here's a screen shot... It's one hell of a lot easier thatn hitting the surr+ button over and over. Case in point, I press the "CD" button on my Pronto, and have it switch to the proper input {panel-1}, select the Stereo mode {Panel-4}, and then switch over the the CD Player device screen. :T
              Pronto is the whip. ;x(

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"