X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghostbuster
    • May 2003

Rotel rsp-966 -> rsp 1066 upgrade

Hi guys,

Is it worth the cost to upgrade my RSP-966 pre-amp to the RSP-1066 ?
    Does the 1066 really sound better ? I know the 1066 has pro-logic II and 7.1 but that's not enough for me to replace my current amp. I listen more music cd's than DVD's so the stereo quality is very important for me.
    My power-amp is the RMB-1095

bye,
    Arjan :thanku:
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I don't have the answer to your question, just wanted to welcome you to HTG! Hopefully, the answer will be along shortly...

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm not positive but I thought I'd heard someone comment that the differences weren't that great between the two models other then the obvious format additions in the new model.

Comment

• greggz
        • Jun 2002

Someone posted that the noise floor on the 1066 was lower than on the 976, so I would assume it would be better than then 966 too.

If you are interested in a 1066, an economical way would be to try and pick up a used one when people start selling theirs to upgrade to the 1098. (unless of course you are willing to spend the big bucks to get a 1098).

Gregg
        Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"