X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btrvalik
    • Jan 2003

rsx-1055 modifcation

I purchase the 1055 largely due to what I read here and a bad demo of a NAD T762. The NAD made some buzzing sound when the volume was changed .... a the 1055 just sounded good.

I'm setting up a HT room and will do a 6.1 or 7.1 setup. The odd shape of the room dictates more than 5.1. I'm going to be using a separate amp for the front channels and will occationally swap in my tube amp. I essentially have not use for the 2 front built-in amp. Not being one to let some perfectly good watts go to waste I would like to do a little rewiring to use the front amps for the RB. Anyone else attempt such a thing. If I just leave the front dangling will I get any more headroom from the center & surrounds ? I have not had a chance to open the box yet, but looking through the top it seems like the amps are independant and all the inputs come in on a single molex style connector. I thinking I just need to build a cable that would plug into the connector that "lifts" the front channels and connects the RB channels...

Anyone try it ?

Bruce

P.S. For those that think I'm crazy to modify a perfectly good amp that isn't even broken in yet... you should see what I do to perfectly good sports cars :^)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Wow! Do you throw the manuals out to your sports cars too?

Rotel has all ready thought of this, it's an option under one of the setup menus..

Kevin D.

Comment

• btrvalik
      • Jan 2003

Cool... I completely missed that in the manual...Thanks

P.S. That's what that funny little book is in the glove box?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"